Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
I am resigned to the idea that we will have a senile idiot as our next POTUS, whether they are conservative or liberal. We need to pull our heads out of our butts and get a decent Congress to balance things out and start working for a good candidate in '24. I'd rather have gridlock in DC than to create a steamroller.
Biden wont win.
Silent majority will come out in Nov.
With current state of affairs many people are hiding their support for DT in NOV they will show it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
How is it ignorant?
Because when DT wins he WILL stay 4 mo yrs. And IF he should lose Indont see him barricading himself in the WH

Just like when BIDEN made the statement about military forceablely removing him one has to go huh how fing ignorant are you?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Biden wont win.
Silent majority will come out in Nov.
With current state of affairs many people are hiding their support for DT in NOV they will show it.

I wasn't trying to say that Biden will win (though the smart money in Vegas says he will), but we are in the same position we were in last time, with two less than great choices.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If Biden were to win the democrats would take that as a mandate. You think the house is insufferable now? You better pray Biden don’t win and democrats hold on to the house.

Trump is gonna win. Most people didn’t fall for the democrat led media lynchings one after the other. And calling Trump the most divisive in history is ludicrous. He is definitely playing to his base though and his base is strong. You just don’t see it because You watch and believe your TV. And blaming Trump for lack of accomplishments is also ludicrous. He’s done quite well considering he’s had to do it by himself. You don’t believe republican Congress critters actually support him do you?

Yeah Trump Is a deeply flawed individual. And he says stupid things. He could live 500 years and not catch up to creepy uncle Joe in the saying stupid things department though.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
19,510 Posts
The question is; will people process the riots and attacks from China by November.
You really don't want Biden to deal with either of those enemies.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
I wasn't trying to say that Biden will win (though the smart money in Vegas says he will), but we are in the same position we were in last time, with two less than great choices.
The smart money said same about HRC.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
The betting odds were in Trumps favor for most of the year, they just changed with the virus plus the mob. They’ll change again.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Mattis is i liberal obama era scumbag.
That’s got to be the dumbest shlt I’ve ever heard. Mattis is a real leader. Not some fraudster NY douche bag. People that have served under actual leadership can recognize the glaringly obvious differences between the 2. But I’m not surprised that you don’t know the difference. Judging by your responses, you’re just as dumb and delusional as he is.
The most respected top brass in the world are tellIng you that this guys a fucklng retard and a liability. That doesn’t mean they are liberals. And they don’t lose credibility over night because they speak up. But keep swinging on his little orange knob. What’s the worst that could happen?

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
I'd rather have gridlock in DC than to create a steamroller.
I love gridlock. It's the preferred state of existence for congress, IMO. Only second to a recess or a complete evacuation of DC.

And they don’t lose credibility over night because they speak up.
Well, he kinda does.
He had spoken previously about the politics of silence. Meaning that former staffers should remain in silent disagreement with their former boss in the name of national security, unity, whatever. And if they MUST speak up, it's best to not seek the spotlight or otherwise call attention to yourself in doing so.

Mattis isn't a liberal douchebag scumbag, he's a highly decorated and respected war hero. I had disagreements with some of his uses of Marines in Iraqi Freedom and I disagree with his jumping on the OrangeManBad bandwagon... it seems very out of character. His opinion isn't trash, but I very much disagree with his method.

Credibility is a personal commodity and having or losing it is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
That’s got to be the dumbest shlt I’ve ever heard. Mattis is a real leader. Not some fraudster NY douche bag. People that have served under actual leadership can recognize the glaringly obvious differences between the 2. But I’m not surprised that you don’t know the difference. Judging by your responses, you’re just as dumb and delusional as he is.
The most respected top brass in the world are tellIng you that this guys a fucklng retard and a liability. That doesn’t mean they are liberals. And they don’t lose credibility over night because they speak up. But keep swinging on his little orange knob. What’s the worst that could happen?
Mattis isn’t a douchebag but I regard him pretty much like Bolton, they took their jobs knowing exactly who Trump was and when he didn’t take their directions they trash him and virtue signal to the douches in the media that they’re OK.

You’ve been consistent since day one about who you think Trump is, there’s no way you’d have taken a job and praised him and been on the team. You’d have stuck to your beliefs he’s a POS and I respect you for it. That’s not what Mattis did though, when it benefited him he was on the Trump team, when it benefited him to trash Trump that’s what he did.

Like Bolton. Like Romney.

Mattis may not be the worst guy around but I don’t see how he’s wrapped himself in glory here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So I want to get people’s response in a one word answer.
Do you think Trump will win re-election.
Yes or No. No explanation of how you formed your opinion, or political views necessary.
Just one word..

YES or NO

I’ll go first. No
Yes

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

no mattis is a lib douchebag for refusing to give go aheads on ops to kill enemies for no other reason than attempting to deny trump a win.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
no mattis is a lib douchebag for refusing to give go aheads on ops to kill enemies for no other reason than attempting to deny trump a win.
All trump is worried about is re-election. Not the people. Not the country. Not the constitution.
Mattis wakes up and pisses more value than you’ve created in your lifetime.

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
I haven't used the red X in quite a while... you got me there with this nonsense.
1) Gen Mattis is no longer a part of the administration. He was SecDef from 2017-2019 when he resigned supposedly in protest over DJT's Syria policy. He not in a position to deny or give a "go ahead" to POTUS for anything. That little tantrum was a point of disagreement for me and the Warrior Monk... not that he asked me. The Syria pullout was a solid personnel decision, IMO. Typically misrepresented (lied about) and spun-up by the media into another crisis.
I'll repeat the key point: Mattis isn't in the power structure anymore... at all. He has no authority or even advisory capacity to the administration.
2) Those "enemies" are US citizens on US soil. They range in scope from obnoxious to dangerous but they aren't enemy combatants.
Fact is, Trump hadn't presented a strategy, no firm plans, no announced suspension of the Posse Comitatus Act... he was using rhetoric and floating an idea but Gen Mattis came out of retirement to weigh-in on what amounts to a trial balloon. Just like the dumbasses in the media, taking rhetoric and turning it into a crisis. It's disappointing and puzzling why Mattis did this in the way he did.
3) There is no "win" in this for Trump. None. Martial law? Mow these dickheads down w 60s? Not a good precedent and one I think most Americans would reject regardless of party.
He could let it play out. Let the affected areas fall to unopposed insurrection... also a terrible option.
DJT's win isn't being denied him by Gen Mattis. It's denied because it's non existant due to the circumstances surrounding the "current unpleasantness*" That's not fake news, it's the unvarnished truth whether we like it or not.

*my absolute favorite media-generated euphemism for riots, mayhem, and murder. I've been using it since I first read it during the Rodney King unpleasantness.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I haven't used the red X in quite a while... you got me there with this nonsense.
1) Gen Mattis is no longer a part of the administration. He was SecDef from 2017-2019 when he resigned supposedly in protest over DJT's Syria policy. He not in a position to deny or give a "go ahead" to POTUS for anything. That little tantrum was a point of disagreement for me and the Warrior Monk... not that he asked me. The Syria pullout was a solid personnel decision, IMO. Typically misrepresented (lied about) and spun-up by the media into another crisis.
I'll repeat the key point: Mattis isn't in the power structure anymore... at all. He has no authority or even advisory capacity to the administration.
2) Those "enemies" are US citizens on US soil. They range in scope from obnoxious to dangerous but they aren't enemy combatants.
Fact is, Trump hadn't presented a strategy, no firm plans, no announced suspension of the Posse Comitatus Act... he was using rhetoric and floating an idea but Gen Mattis came out of retirement to weigh-in on what amounts to a trial balloon. Just like the dumbasses in the media, taking rhetoric and turning it into a crisis. It's disappointing and puzzling why Mattis did this in the way he did.
3) There is no "win" in this for Trump. None. Martial law? Mow these dickheads down w 60s? Not a good precedent and one I think most Americans would reject regardless of party.
He could let it play out. Let the affected areas fall to unopposed insurrection... also a terrible option.
DJT's win isn't being denied him by Gen Mattis. It's denied because it's non existant. That's not fake news, it's the unvarnished truth whether we like it or not.
what i was referring to came before 2019 and wont go into but whatever man...

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
DJT's win isn't being denied him by Gen Mattis. It's denied because it's non existant due to the circumstances surrounding the "current unpleasantness*" That's not fake news, it's the unvarnished truth whether we like it or not.

*my absolute favorite media-generated euphemism for riots, mayhem, and murder. I've been using it since I first read it during the Rodney King unpleasantness.
Absolutely agree there's no win. The best strategy is to let the loons play themselves out and run against them politically.

My issue with Mattis, and you touch on it, is Mattis is acting in his best interest when he's pontificating on what Trump should do and playing to the media. Someone with real honor would advise his commander in chief while he's in an advisory role and shut up after he no longer is.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts