Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i was wanting any opinions on the truglo tritium/fiber sights. they are listed green front/green rear and green front/yellow rear. any thoughts as to which show better in day or night? thanks.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
green is always the brightest, at least thats what i have always read(and i think green has a longer lifespan, for tritium). i think yellow is the second brightest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are talking about the tru glo sight made in Texas you may want to hold off, or at least they were having some problems a while back. Cleaning solvents were ruining the sight and the company didn't stand behind them. I tried to get some of their sights to buy and test when I first heard about them but they were just getting started(pistols) and didn't seem to care if I showed interest or not. Maybe things are all peachy now, but til I see some long term use, I'll stick with what I'm using.

What I see/read is brightest or most easily seen for tritium is green followed by yellow.

For fiber optics I like green in low light and red during the day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
simonsay said:
If you are talking about the tru glo sight made in Texas you may want to hold off, or at least they were having some problems a while back. Cleaning solvents were ruining the sight and the company didn't stand behind them. I tried to get some of their sights to buy and test when I first heard about them but they were just getting started(pistols) and didn't seem to care if I showed interest or not. Maybe things are all peachy now, but til I see some long term use, I'll stick with what I'm using.

What I see/read is brightest or most easily seen for tritium is green followed by yellow.

For fiber optics I like green in low light and red during the day.
Yea, I was that test case with the sights being messed up.

I have ghost ring night sights now, perfect for self defense, very fast target aquisition. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts