Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my XD9 service model's standard sights to Truglo TFO. I keep my firearm for home defense purposes where sights that can transition through all light conditions is an advantage.

I have shot a little over 200 rounds after it had been installed and so far Im pretty satisfied with it. The green fibers are concealed so it can't be seen by the target even at low light conditions.

Here are some pics I would like to share:

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Looks nice, those things sure are bright... Good Job and Great looking gun !!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!

I read a lot of positive feedbacks about Truglo's TFO but I have also read quite a few negative ones as well... Most of the negative feedbacks can be attributed to improper installation where it looses it's brightness or glow after a few months or it comes off while shooting at the range. I think if it was installed properly then it should hold up quite well over time. I hope it does:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mine are still going STRONG after 2 years of use !!!! I also put a coat of clear nail polish over the top to make sure they do not fall out as some people have said, no issues at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sight are bright. I am looking for a set to put on my xd .40 4". do not know which brand to go for.

Did you install them or had them installed?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks nice! I want to get these sights as well, just afraid something will happen to them in my holster as there is zero gap between the leather and factory sights.

@Cohiba - does the nail polish help protect from damage caused by holster presentations?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sight are bright. I am looking for a set to put on my xd .40 4". do not know which brand to go for.

Did you install them or had them installed?
I had a local gunsmith install it for me.

The sights are pretty bright and are quite helpful in normal or low light conditions.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks for the pics. My pistol is exactly the same, bi-tone etc. I have been wanting to get these sights, and I think I will. Just have to wait for a little extra spending cash.

How was the POI/POA? still the same 6 o clock hold as the standard sights?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I love my TFOs as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had them installed this past Wed on my 9mm 3.8, and must say that I'm very much in love with them. Went to an outdoor range yesterday hitting my steel targets at about 35 yards out. I couldn't do that with my stock sights, but I think they were off a bit from factory?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pics. My pistol is exactly the same, bi-tone etc. I have been wanting to get these sights, and I think I will. Just have to wait for a little extra spending cash.

How was the POI/POA? still the same 6 o clock hold as the standard sights?
No different from my standard sights.

Just make sure to shoot it right after installation because mine was a little off to the right so the gunsmith adjusted it to the center.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts