Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why in the world did TruGlo not design their rear TFO sights to go to the rear of the slide like the stock sights? The long front sight already shorts the sight radius, not extending the rear sights as far back as they can go makes it even worse. My theory is that they must be slightly modifying one of the other sights used on another gun (to save money). Any thoughts? I really like the sights, but the short sight radius turns me off to them.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I was concerned about that but doesn't seem to hurt my accuracy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
The better sight picture and quicker acquisition outweighs the .25" difference in sight radius. And the gun looks so much better with them.

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
I have been using TruGlo TFOs since they came out. I currently have them installed on five of my pistols. They have improved my target acquisition and accuracy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard back from TruGlo. This is what they had to say if anyone is interested:

Thank you for this email.

We use the same sight for all appropriate XD models and as designed, you are correct, they do not come all the way to the back of the slide.

We realize there is a shortening of the overall sighting radius, but it has not been a detriment to overall performance of the firearms installed, including the XDS.

We are always evaluating new additions and comments to our product line.

Your email will be forwarded to our engineering department for consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this request.

Shoot safely,

Customer Service

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
I heard back from TruGlo. This is what they had to say if anyone is interested:

Thank you for this email.

We use the same sight for all appropriate XD models and as designed, you are correct, they do not come all the way to the back of the slide.

We realize there is a shortening of the overall sighting radius, but it has not been a detriment to overall performance of the firearms installed, including the XDS.

We are always evaluating new additions and comments to our product line.

Your email will be forwarded to our engineering department for consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this request.

Shoot safely,

Customer Service
Sounds like they have a general reply for this question? Either way I highly doubt your accuracy will be impacted. They are great sights!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The better sight picture and quicker acquisition outweighs the .25" difference in sight radius. And the gun looks so much better with them.
It's more than a 1/4". You have to consider the front and back sights. I don't have my XDS on me right now because I had to send it in for service today, but looking at pictures, I would say it's closer to 3/4" of an inch.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I still think they look huge on an XDs

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Naw they look great! But it is 3/4 inch. If the sights don't move it makes no difference. As shaky as I am I shoot on the way by anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
1/4" or 3/4"?? Did not matter, I have gained an edge in accuracy and speed simply because the sights are faster/easier to see.
Keep in mind that this gun is intended for concealed carry and NOT for shooting tight groups at long range targets.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have TFO'S on three pistols and just ordered a set for my G42. They have no impact on my accuracy, and I pick up the front sight much easier with the large bright green dot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1/4" or 3/4"?? Did not matter, I have gained an edge in accuracy and speed simply because the sights are faster/easier to see.
Keep in mind that this gun is intended for concealed carry and NOT for shooting tight groups at long range targets.
That's good to know, but the XDS, especially the 4.0, was designed to be a gun that can be shot well at the range.

·
Registered
216 Posts
They're a huge improvement over the stock sights. IMO they look much better, and the functionality is great. Theyve done alot to speed up my sighr acquisition, and helped to tighten up my groups even more.

I actually shot better groups with my XDS45 than my XDM45 4.5" OR .40 5.25" on my last range trip. My back was bothering me a bit, so the light weight of the gun peobably helped.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It sounds to me like they're marketing this gun for a little more than CC:

"XD-S® SINGLE STACK SERIES

Can a pistol small enough to carry every day have all the features, performance and power you would find in a full size handgun? Can the ergonomics be so superior that range time is a pleasure rather than a chore? Could you actually look forward to shooting your carry pistol?

The XD-S® Single Stack from Springfield Armory® has forever changed what you can expect out of your daily carry pistol. Now all the features and power you’re used to in the XD® and XD(M)® lines can be had in the shockingly slim XD-S® Single Stack – a pistol that packs so easily you’ll forget it’s there.

The XD-S® is the first and only single-stack XD® from Springfield Armory®. In addition to the inherently slim nature of the design, the frame is a short sub-compact style, and the barrel is just 3.3 or 4.0 inches. The XD-S® Single Stack seems to disappear when you carry it, and pretty soon you’ll forget it’s even there.

The XD-S® Single Stack consistently astonishes and delights shooters on the range. Its comfortable ergonomics – complete with two interchangeable backstraps – allow it to work without punishing your hands. The fiber optic front sight and white-dot rear sight align quickly and provide a clear sight picture for accurate shooting. The trigger on the XD-S® Single Stack feels more like it belongs on a target pistol than a carry piece. Shooters who are used to difficult, heavy triggers on deep concealment pistols will be astounded at the smooth, crisp XD-S® Single Stack trigger.

Choosing a handgun for concealed carry doesn’t have to be a series of compromises anymore. You don’t have to settle for a larger gun to gain shooting comfort. Nor do you have to sacrifice features for power. And you certainly don’t have to carry a gun to the store that you’d rather not carry to the range. Put an XD-S® Single Stack in your hand today, and you’ll want to shoot it. Put it in your holster, and you’ll find that it’s Noticeably Unnoticeable™."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts