Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This info is NOT listed on Springfield Armory's website.

Weight of XD-40 Sub Compact Bitone:

Without magazine=23.1 oz.
With 9rd magazine=25.7 oz.

Shown without magazine in pistol:

Shown WITH empty 9 round magazine in pistol:

ppmd

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Is the weight of the magazine loaded or
unloaded?

Ed :roll:

·
Registered
386 Posts
dtjobrien Well if someone is thinking of what weapon to use as their carry concealed weapon, weight is a big factor along with size. ppmd stated that this is not found on Springfield’s site. I was wandering the same is that with a loaded clip, and how do you thing the 9mm would compare in weight with a full mag. I just cant make up my mind about 9mm or 40 sub to carry. I don’t know the weight of 11 9mm bullets instead of 10 40 cal cant be that much difference.

Thanks for the info ppmd

·
Registered
67 Posts
attackrott said:
dtjobrien Well if someone is thinking of what weapon to use as their carry concealed weapon, weight is a big factor along with size. ppmd stated that this is not found on Springfield’s site. I was wandering the same is that with a loaded clip, and how do you thing the 9mm would compare in weight with a full mag. I just cant make up my mind about 9mm or 40 sub to carry. I don’t know the weight of 11 9mm bullets instead of 10 40 cal cant be that much difference.

Thanks for the info ppmd
Yes true! I guess I just love mine so much I don't even care how much it weighs.. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
attackrott said:
dtjobrien Well if someone is thinking of what weapon to use as their carry concealed weapon, weight is a big factor along with size. ppmd stated that this is not found on Springfield’s site.

Well, sort of. Springfield's site gives a weight of 20.5 ounces. PPMD gives a weight of 23.1 ounces.

·
Registered
386 Posts
dtjobrien I moved from that god forsaken city 2 1/2 years ago. I didn’t think they let anyone have guns except criminals and cops.:twisted: Do you have a carry permit, or just have it to target shoot. Sorry to bag on your city I just hate that place so much and my wife keeps trying to talk me into moving back. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I think the big one is the only thing that can save me form it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
attackrott said:
dtjobrien I moved from that god forsaken city 2 1/2 years ago. I didn’t think they let anyone have guns except criminals and cops.:twisted: Do you have a carry permit, or just have it to target shoot. Sorry to bag on your city I just hate that place so much and my wife keeps trying to talk me into moving back. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I think the big one is the only thing that can save me form it.
he he, no carry permit, just target shoot. And one correction. The only people who have guns here are the criminals..cops can barely keep up with them..I of course, amd a law abiding citizen. :):)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
orc4hire said:
attackrott said:
dtjobrien Well if someone is thinking of what weapon to use as their carry concealed weapon, weight is a big factor along with size. ppmd stated that this is not found on Springfield’s site.

Well, sort of. Springfield's site gives a weight of 20.5 ounces. PPMD gives a weight of 23.1 ounces.
Springfield's site does NOT have the 40 caliber BITONE Sub Compact weight listed. The bitone 40 caliber SC has a Springfield stock number of XD9822(HC), which is NOT listed. I am just supplying information to those interested. Weight was and continues to be a huge factor in what I carry.

ppmd

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ed Ely said:
Is the weight of the magazine loaded or
unloaded?
There are many different "loads" and bullet weights, so having a loaded magazine would not be meaningful as there will be significant variability depending on the type of ammo involved.

The magazine was NOT loaded with any ammo with the weight listed.

ppmd

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
347 Posts
ppmd said:
Springfield's site does NOT have the 40 caliber BITONE Sub Compact weight listed. The bitone 40 caliber SC has a Springfield stock number of XD9822(HC), which is NOT listed. I am just supplying information to those interested. Weight was and continues to be a huge factor in what I carry.

Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that the color would give it a different weight from EVERY OTHER XDSC model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
orc4hire said:
ppmd said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that the color would give it a different weight from EVERY OTHER XDSC model.
I think you meant to quote another message, but I understand your meaning.

Xhypex weighed his 9mm, and I weighed my 40 caliber. I would expect some difference.

I don't know for sure. But does a stainless slide vs blued slide make a difference in weight? You tell me.

Clearly, Springfield underestimates the weight of their pistols on their website.

ppmd

·
Registered
347 Posts
ppmd said:
orc4hire said:
ppmd said:

I think you meant to quote another message, but I understand your meaning.
No, I quoted what I intended to. My point being that all the SC models listed by Springfield have the exact same weight (including the 9mm bi-tone).

Xhypex weighed his 9mm, and I weighed my 40 caliber. I would expect some difference.
If only from using different scales.

I don't know for sure. But does a stainless slide vs blued slide make a difference in weight? You tell me.
No, you weigh one of each on the same scale and tell me. Springfield doesn't think so, but how would I know?

Clearly, Springfield underestimates the weight of their pistols on their website.
So it seems. I didn't say the weights they post were ACCURATE, I said they were there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts