Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share this with y'all

I did this about 8 months ago but thought I would make a thread about this. I have my CWP, and I carry a good bit, whether it is in the truck or on my person. I carry a XD .45compact. I wanted some way to safely and quickly access my handgun if I ever needed to, and wanted it out of sight.

So what I did was buy a Blackhawk Serpa Quick Disconnect system. I first got the Male/Female combo at the local gun shop. I bought an extra female adapter to use on my range belt holster rig. So I can easily take out the gun and attach it to my OWB Blackhawk rig and go into the woods or the range. I used self tapping screws in the plastic and it has held up great for the past 8 months and hasn't sagged or pulled out of the plastic yet.

So here are the results, I also use a Gunvault, safe under the rear seat for when I can't CC (hospital, church, bar, etc...)

The holster in the console

A shot of the quick disconnect male end

Female end that is hard mounted to the console

Just thought I'd share, my solution for truck gun storage
**Excuse the dirty interior it is way past due for a cleaning!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford Explorer?
04 F150

Rubber talon grip? How do you like it? I'm torn. Rubber or granulated.
PRP grips Rubber, They are alright. I thought they would be more grip then they are though. If I did it again, I would stipple the grip or get Talon sandpaper ones. The good thing about these rubber ones is that they don't rub you while you are CC

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I made my own out of grip tape. Came out nice I must say. Gonna order a rubber grip from talon for wich ever gun I start carrying. Hey want one? I made like two or three and may have an extra one. PM me a address.

·
Registered
559 Posts
that's a good set up, I like it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like it. I was thinking about mounting something in my car but haven't gotten around to it yet. Don't think I have enough room in my center console for it though.

04 F150

PRP grips Rubber, They are alright. I thought they would be more grip then they are though. If I did it again, I would stipple the grip or get Talon sandpaper ones. The good thing about these rubber ones is that they don't rub you while you are CC

You don't like the PRP rubber grips? I've been getting a little annoyed by the stock backstrap while carrying. When I sit back and lean against the gun, that backstrap digs into my back a little and will leave marks. I was thinking about getting a rubber grip to make it a little more comfortable.

Has anyone tried these talon rubber grips? Are they better than the PRPs?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like it. I was thinking about mounting something in my car but haven't gotten around to it yet. Don't think I have enough room in my center console for it though.

You don't like the PRP rubber grips? I've been getting a little annoyed by the stock backstrap while carrying. When I sit back and lean against the gun, that backstrap digs into my back a little and will leave marks. I was thinking about getting a rubber grip to make it a little more comfortable.
Not that I don't like them, it's just the fact that I thought they'd be more grip then what they really are

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not that I don't like them, it's just the fact that I thought they'd be more grip then what they really are

They don't somehow give less grip than a stock gun with no grips do they? I don't really need extra grip, was purely looking at them for comfort issues while siting back leaning against the gun. I'd be fine if the amount of grip stayed the same after putting those on the gun. They don't get slick or anything if sweat comes in contact with them do they?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They don't somehow give less grip than a stock gun with no grips do they? I don't really need extra grip, was purely looking at them for comfort issues while siting back leaning against the gun. I'd be fine if the amount of grip stayed the same after putting those on the gun. They don't get slick or anything if sweat comes in contact with them do they?
No they are fine for all of the things you mentioned. Don't get me wrong now, I like them. If I didn't they would be off of them. They just didn't give as much grip as I excepted

You the same carolina boy from virtual ford?
Virtual Ford? I might...lol

I'm on a ton of forums. Main ones I'm on are this one, F150online, TruckModCentral, and Fordfullsize.com

Yet I'm a member on a lot more sites for the classifieds

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
That is a nice setup Carolina Boy. One question, why did you mount it on the front of the console instead of the left hand side? I would think the left hand side would be more comfortable access.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is a nice setup Carolina Boy. One question, why did you mount it on the front of the console instead of the left hand side? I would think the left hand side would be more comfortable access.
There is something on the inside lip of the console lid. That is why I couldn't do it on the left. Trust me I would have loved to do it on the left side

·
Registered
524 Posts
Very nice truck man. I have a black super cab and a silver super crew 05's but damn that murdered out DSG looks awesome also FX2 grill makes the whole look. Good job brother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts