Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in today. Fast shipping 2 days. thanks Old School!

</img>
</img>
</img>
</img>
dont mind the crumbs on the coffee table. im really not a messy eater.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I want one. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
so what holster are you going to use for that?

dn
cincinnati, oh
xd40

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my mexican holster. my underwear band and pant. haha. until i get the xd holster with the rail on it.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I read somewhere that only the green lasers are bright enough to work in sunlight.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can hit the elementary school from my porch door by my apartments. its about 75 yards away, as far as daylight i was shining it around at close range but it wouldnt look to cool pointing my gun at stuff in broad daylight around here. i can hear it now, "theres this short mexican guy walking around here with a gun! send the police ASAP." haha that would not be cool! like possom my only complaint was the switch wire was too long. i got the band that holds it off my airsoft mp5 it came with a laser and that cord was perfect length too bad it didnt fit the rail on my XD.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I can hit the elementary school from my porch door by my apartments
AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i meant to say i can hit the elementary with the beam. sorry if i made it seem like i was shooting the school. haha

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also forgot to add no kids at the school. was about 11 o'clock last night, uhmmm anything else to ease minds. please forgive me! i beg. lumberjack nooo!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought you were my friend! i see how it is! j/k sure am excited about tomorrow, sucks i have to work in the morning so ill be a little late. fixin to go to Academy to pick up some WWB ammo. oh yeah daylight visibility is good at about 15 feet anything past that is not visible. Shoulda got an infrared beam, as far as the visibility issue my dad is right, only the green lights are visible. (or at least what ive read) they get a little pricey though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know that what I'm going to decribe is not an XD, but I have a CTC on a SP101 and it is red. It shows up very well in daylight at 50'. Now the farther you go out the smaller the dot gets. Haven't tried it at long range at night, I'm sure it can be seen quite well at 30-50 yds. Question: how do you adjust the one on the xd? The CTC has little adjustment screws for elevation and windage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It shows up very well in daylight at 50'. Now the farther you go out the smaller the dot gets.
I'm not sure i understand what your trying to say... lasers do not get "smaller" as the distance to the target increases... it is not possible... so what did you mean by smaller

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you look at the pic of the front it has two allen wrench holes to adjust Windage and Elev. they are upside down so itll look like M E

·
Registered
298 Posts
[TASF said:
Jurzeyfresh]
It shows up very well in daylight at 50'. Now the farther you go out the smaller the dot gets.
I'm not sure i understand what your trying to say... lasers do not get "smaller" as the distance to the target increases... it is not possible... so what did you mean by smaller
Ahhhh! Duh! Everything looks smaller at distance. The object doesn’t get smaller, only your perception of it.

Try this exercise:

Take your thumb and index finger.
Put them and inch away from you eye
Look through the pads of your finger at your computer
Now close your fingers

You can crush your computer :lol:

Perception

·
Registered
42 Posts
So what is he trying to say? its harder to see at that distance? cuz i think that would be common sense... oh well... not worth arguing over i guess...

maybe at 50 feet its just too far to see the snmall dot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts