Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience on these rails? What's your thoughts? I know they make excellent ironsights, but what about their rails? If someone has actual hands on experience with them, please let me know your thoughts!

S.G.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I have a set of the Samsons before they had to change the design since it was an exact copy of the Troy rail. They are a 2 pc free float, attach solidly to the barrel nut. Good stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I installed a Troy MRF-C 7" on my Bushy M4 Patrolman and I love it. I did a lot of research and noticed that on many of the cross-sections of the rail extrusions used by others were lacking support in critical areas, especially where the rails 90 into the circular portion of the extrusion. The Troys are nice and beefy in that area and seem to have a uniform material thickness around the whole cross section of their extrusions.

Take a look: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/mrfc4.jpg

Also, the bottom of the rail comes off easily for cleaning just by depressing a locking button, but it feels like one solid piece when all together. Beautiful machining, anodizing and white reference lettering. It also has four anti-rotation lugs that fit on each side of the upper receiver to prevent the fore-end from being torqued and possibly de-nutting your barrel, which is important especially if you are using a broom stick handle on the foreend.

Military Morons deserves a plug for their really nice review of various rail systems: Military Morons

Good luck!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I had a Midwest Industries rail pop lose on me in a class a few weeks ago. The carbine was down for the rest of the day and I was less than pleased.

I sent it back and ordered a Troy. I'm encouraged by what I'm reading about this rail. It should arrive tomorrow and I'm happy to post a review once I get it on.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I had a Midwest Industries rail pop lose on me in a class a few weeks ago. The carbine was down for the rest of the day and I was less than pleased.

I sent it back and ordered a Troy. I'm encouraged by what I'm reading about this rail. It should arrive tomorrow and I'm happy to post a review once I get it on.
you did take a backup didn't you

I don't tie my shoes without a backup plan

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
be been doing a lot of research on the troy rails the last few day and. The general concesus it that they are excellet quality

I was thinking about the 10" originally but now I am thinking about the 13.5" extended rifle FF rails would be sweet

Thought opinions

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
be been doing a lot of research on the troy rails the last few day and. The general concesus it that they are excellet quality

I was thinking about the 10" originally but now I am thinking about the 13.5" extended rifle FF rails would be sweet

Thought opinions

Yeah regardless of what FFR I get, I have decided to get the rifle length rails for my carbine rifle. I like the extra sight distance between sights and no FSB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts