Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend bought a saint victor in store. We went out and shot today and after about 75 rounds it started to not reset the trigger. It got worse and worse to the point it happened 28 of 30 times. It didn’t take much, but a touch to the back of the trigger or a bump to the mag reset it, but it would not come back on its own.

Field strip, clean and lubed. Can’t get it to replicate the problem without ammo and it may be a couple weeks before we can get out again. Anybody have this issue or know what I should look at? Could it be new gun bugs that need shot out or is it a bigger issue.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Maybe a bad or broken spring. The trigger spring or the disconnector spring could have broken or slipped out of place.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What Bozz said. I would take the trigger group out and look at the disconnector to make sure their are no burrs anywhere on the disconnector also check the hammer notch that catches the disconnector and make sure no burrs their either. Make sure the disconnector spring is ok and put back in correctly when reassembled. I would think you could replicate the problem by opening up the upper from the lower and manually cock the hammer and pull the trigger, make sure to catch the hammer and do not let it slam into the receiver. As you cock the hammer hold the trigger back and visually check to make sure the disconnector catches the hammer and lets go of the hammer as you let the trigger go forward. if it works ok manually it should work ok with live fire. Make sure the trigger spring is on correctly it can be on backwards and still work but not correctly. Lube it up with plenty of lube and see what happens next time you fire it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts