Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XD45C that has worked good in the past ( I do have a PRP trigger kit in it ) but in the last two times out with it it jams or fails to feed or the trigger does not reset. Now I had bought some ammo a bit ago at a gun show from a local dealer and have used it twice with the same result could it be the ammo?

I do not think its limp wrist cause the gun has worked great in the past all so I have 2 XD 9's that I shoot as well with no problems. I plan on going to the range tomorrow with 3 types of ammo to See if its me the gun or the ammo.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My first thought was ammo.

Try using a well known ammo and see if you have the same result.

D

·
0 Posts
Did this problem only start happening with the gun show ammo? Was the gun show ammo reloads? I'd never buy someone else's reloads unless they were from a reputable factory reloader - and even then, I'd be careful.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it started with the ammo and yes it was reloads from a guy around here....... I know I know I get what I payed for. I have been shooting BVAC ammo with great results so tomorrow I will take those 2 plus one other factory load to see thanks guys for your help.

D

·
0 Posts
Then yea, I'm willing to bet it may be the reloads. I hope you can get this resolved!

Getting malfunctions can really shake your confidence in a gun. It would definitely be bad if you started to lose faith in your XD45c. I lost count, but I did some guesses yesterday and I am over at least 1300 rounds in my XD45c. Not a single malfunction!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I have a XD45C that has worked good in the past ( I do have a PRP trigger kit in it ) but in the last two times out with it it jams or fails to feed or the trigger does not reset. Now I had bought some ammo a bit ago at a gun show from a local dealer and have used it twice with the same result could it be the ammo?

I do not think its limp wrist cause the gun has worked great in the past all so I have 2 XD 9's that I shoot as well with no problems. I plan on going to the range tomorrow with 3 types of ammo to See if its me the gun or the ammo.

Ammo won't cause the trigger to fail to reset. I would look into that closely~!

Did you install it yourself or have it done?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well have a range day today and it seems to have been the ammo that was causing the problems. I took 3 kinds of ammo and 2 of them worked great all the time but the one I thought was bad gave me 4 fail to fire and 3 fail to feed in about 45 Rd's. The fail to reset the trigger I thought I had was in fact not right the fireing pin did in fact make contact the Rd just did not fire.

So I called the guy and he replaced the 350 I had left with 500 and if they don't fire right he will refund my money so I will give the guy a chance.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The fail to reset the trigger I thought I had was in fact not right the fireing pin did in fact make contact the Rd just did not fire.

In that case, you need to take the striker out of the slide and clean it and the channel with a q-tip. It is VERY likely to be gummed up from as little as one drip of oil mixed with powder residue. That mix turns to goo, get it out. You can run the channel and striker bone dry or use a silicone spray or "dry lubricant" that leaves no residue.

D

·
0 Posts
If you have a cleaner that doesn't leave residue and have those straw thingies with an aerosol can, you can also blast cleaner into the "clean out hole." that can help flush out the striker channel without having to disassemble. Note, though, that because of the retainer pin, the blast won't quite make it all the way. But, you'll hit the parts most likely to have residue in there.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Well have a range day today and it seems to have been the ammo that was causing the problems. I took 3 kinds of ammo and 2 of them worked great all the time but the one I thought was bad gave me 4 fail to fire and 3 fail to feed in about 45 Rd's. The fail to reset the trigger I thought I had was in fact not right the fireing pin did in fact make contact the Rd just did not fire.

So I called the guy and he replaced the 350 I had left with 500 and if they don't fire right he will refund my money so I will give the guy a chance.
I would say as long as the good ammo functions properly you can continue to use the cheap stuff at the range. The unpredictable fails would just add to your tap/rack clearing procedure training.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If you have a cleaner that doesn't leave residue and have those straw thingies with an aerosol can, you can also blast cleaner into the "clean out hole." that can help flush out the striker channel without having to disassemble. Note, though, that because of the retainer pin, the blast won't quite make it all the way. But, you'll hit the parts most likely to have residue in there.

You may be using better spray cleaner, but I found the sprays make it better -- they do NOT leave it clean.

Only taking the 5 minutes to dis-assemble and physically wiping with cotton tips and solvents gets it all the way clean. It's not hard to do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may have misunderstood me the gun worked fine with the other two brands of ammo I used I only had problems with the stuff I thought was bad.
It seemed he had some bad primers and they were seated not all the same and the over all length of the shell was inconsistent. But I will look at the striker just the same thanks for the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts