Springfield XD Forum banner

TRL-2 retention issues!?

761 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Armed Infidel 
#1 ·
Good evening all. I recently installed a streamlight TLR-2 on my XD-M 40 and had my first chance to put some round through the gun today to get things sighted in. Well I had some issues to say the least, after about 10 shots I noticed that the unit was sliding forward on the rail. I loosened it, slid it back down and tightened it back up. Again after 10-12 shots it had crept forward about 1/4" and was working its way down the rail. I am prepaired to find a way to secure it better with possibly some serations in the aluminum jaws of the tlr2 or......Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

Another thing this is my first handgun and I absolutely love it!!!

Thanks in advance,
Carl

#2 · (Edited)
Good evening all. I recently installed a streamlight TLR-2 on my XD-M 40 and had my first chance to put some round through the gun today to get things sighted in. Well I had some issues to say the least, after about 10 shots I noticed that the unit was sliding forward on the rail. I loosened it, slid it back down and tightened it back up. Again after 10-12 shots it had crept forward about 1/4" and was working its way down the rail. I am prepaired to find a way to secure it better with possibly some serations in the aluminum jaws of the tlr2 or......Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

Another thing this is my first handgun and I absolutely love it!!!

Thanks in advance,
Carl
Are you using the correct slot insert?

The TLR-2 comes with three sizes. The insert matches the slot on the bottom of the XDm's rail. On my XDm 9 my TLR-2 doesn't move at all.

#3 ·
Same here mine doesnt move either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.