Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Local pawn shop had one. Funny looking thing.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Judging by the price, that third barrel must be made of something fairly expensive. Kind of a novelty, but I am not anti-novelty.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
I had never seen this berfore. I figured alot of you havent either.
I have held one...very heavy. Just an expensive novelty item, IMO.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
The real question is does it come in a tactical version with rails and bipod and tactical stuff!

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
The real question is does it come in a tactical version with rails and bipod and tactical stuff!
It weighs 8 lb 3 oz empty, add so tactical stuff and it will go over 10 lbs. How far would you want to carry it? Equipped with tactical stuff, it would be great for your bunker in the front yard.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'm thinking mount it in the bed of a pick up for a hunt on the plains of Africa.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I wonder how the trigger mech works? Single trigger in a SXS is usually unreliable hence the double trigger set. Interesting though.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Judging by the price, that third barrel must be made of something fairly expensive. Kind of a novelty, but I am not anti-novelty.
Reviews have said they're built like a Stoeger as fas as quality.

Nothing wrong with that except it's priced beside a Benelli auto.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Reviews have said they're built like a Stoeger as fas as quality.

Nothing wrong with that except it's priced beside a Benelli auto.
Yep. For that kind of money I would prefer a semi auto with one barrel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The concept is interesting and all, but personally I'll never buy anything from Chiappa again.

Had a 1911-22 from them. Bought it brand new, at a Dayton gun show (where they're located) It did nothing but malfunction constantly. Didnt matter what kind of ammo I tried, fail to feed, light strikes, one after another. So, being a brand new gun, I sent it back to them. 5 months later, after numerous frustrating phone calls and emails, I get my gun back.... still not fixed. I send it back again. Another 3 months and numerous phone calls and emails later, I get my gun back again. Still not functioning properly. I took it apart, gave it a thorough cleaning, and it works 100% properly now. Sold it immediatly.

Decided to give them another shot, and bought a Rhino 357mag. Ordered some oversized grips for it. Took them 6 months to get the grips to me and they were the wrong finish. Called them to deal with it, they said theyd get the correct ones sent out immediatly (wasnt holding my breath). 2 months later, I get another set of the incorrect grips. Cut my losses and swore I'd never do business with them again. The firing pin on it sticks forward sometimes and doesnt let the cylinder rotate properly. Oh well. Sold that to a friend for cheap.

All of this happened while I lived in Cincinnati, 45mins from them too, so its not like I was far away from them or anything.

Sorry for the rant. Chiappa has had me a little worked up if you couldnt tell, lol. No triple barreled shotgun for me!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
The concept is interesting and all, but personally I'll never buy anything from Chiappa again.

Had a 1911-22 from them. Bought it brand new, at a Dayton gun show (where they're located) It did nothing but malfunction constantly. Didnt matter what kind of ammo I tried, fail to feed, light strikes, one after another. So, being a brand new gun, I sent it back to them. 5 months later, after numerous frustrating phone calls and emails, I get my gun back.... still not fixed. I send it back again. Another 3 months and numerous phone calls and emails later, I get my gun back again. Still not functioning properly. I took it apart, gave it a thorough cleaning, and it works 100% properly now. Sold it immediatly.

Decided to give them another shot, and bought a Rhino 357mag. Ordered some oversized grips for it. Took them 6 months to get the grips to me and they were the wrong finish. Called them to deal with it, they said theyd get the correct ones sent out immediatly (wasnt holding my breath). 2 months later, I get another set of the incorrect grips. Cut my losses and swore I'd never do business with them again. The firing pin on it sticks forward sometimes and doesnt let the cylinder rotate properly. Oh well. Sold that to a friend for cheap.

All of this happened while I lived in Cincinnati, 45mins from them too, so its not like I was far away from them or anything.

Sorry for the rant. Chiappa has had me a little worked up if you couldnt tell, lol. No triple barreled shotgun for me!
heard similar reviews of the M9-22...I will stick with my 'antique' Auto 5 for scattergunnin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts