Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the XD, the Serpa holster only comes in one size to accommodate the tactical 5" barrel. Has anyone successfully trimmed the tip of the holster back to better fit the length of the service or subcompact? If so, what did you use to get a clean cut?

Thanks in advance.

Fred Berry

·
Registered
28 Posts
i did use a dremmel to achieve this. Was messy but easy and quick.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I need to get around to doing this... I think I am going to try the hacksaw, hoping I can get a straighter cut than with the Dremmel. I always get in trouble when I get that thing out. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
i used a tape measure and cut 1 and 7/8ths of an inch off (iirc). i used blue painters tape to lay out a straight line to follow for the cut. worked great.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've got a Blackhawk Serpa 2 that was made for my XD9 Service .. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
I trimmed one of mine a while back.. well, part of it. Had to cut "windows" in it since the rail on my TRP was too long for the holster. Just had to make room for the last 1/4" of rail. I think it came out looking pretty good. I just used the dremel with a thin carbide cutting/grinding tip. Holster works great now.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
i did use a dremmel to achieve this. Was messy but easy and quick.
Did the same and then used some 800 grit sand paper... and now it looks like it came manufactured that way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts