Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the Lee Zip-Trim and Lee cutter to trim .223 cases, and am not all that pleased with them. The cases often come loose on the Zip trim, the cutter changes depth over time, so it's a lot slower than I wish it were.

I'm looking for an alternative. Came across the Possum Hollow Kwick Case Trimmer, which you can see here and here:

MidwayUSA - Possum Hollow Kwick Case Trimmer 17 Remington, 221 Remington Fireball, 222 Remington, 222 Remington Magnum, 223 Remington

YouTube - Trimming

Anyone ever used this? Anything that suggests problems with it?

It sure looks like a good yet inexpensive solution to trimming a lot of cases in a hurry.

If not this, what else would work well? I do have access to a drill press, so something that would work with that is also a possibility.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTC Trimmer

Dont have one myself but have heard nothing but good things about them.
Do you mean the Giraud Power Trimmer? Or the Kwick Trim?

Regardless, I ordered the Kwick Trim today; I'll report on it when I get a chance to use it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the Kwick Case Trimmer from Sinclair on Oct. 8th and it's been on back order. I sent Possum Hollow an email two days ago trying to get a ETA on when they will send them out.. no reply as of today.. Good Luck
Forgot to say that I have used one and they are great..
Russ Haydon's have some but not in 223...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts