Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my trijicons installed by SA about 4 months ago. Today I was drawing and dry-firing in my house, and I noticed that slight hint of yellow seemed dim in the left rear dot... I turned off the lights and surely enough, only 2 glowing dots. Has this happened to anyone, and does anyone know what SA can do for me about them? Will they make me return the whole slide, or do you think they'll just have me send them the broken rear sight?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If they installed them, they will probably want the whole slide back. That really sucks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are correct. I called SA first thing this morning to ask about them, and I was told that SA offers a 5 year warranty on the night sights, as long as they were installed by the company, which they were. Unfortunately I can't just send in the sights. I'll have to go without my slide for whatever the turnaround time is (I'm probably going to hold off until after the new year, simply because A) I haven't been to the range in a few weeks and I'm itching to get out there with my dad, and B) I figure as with most places, the holidays are a backed up time of year for SA, so I'll still be able to carry, etc, as long as I only need to point and aim shoot it at night (aka no hero work allowed til it's fixed). Of course I knew SA would make it right. I wish it wasnt' the 3rd time I'd be sending in my pistol in 11 months (granted one of the previous 2 was my own stupidity); and I wish I knew what happened so I can try to prevent it in the future. Who knows, maybe by the time I get the slide back I'll have found some .40 subcompact mags to increase my capacity, instead of drilling out the indents as I plan to do this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts