Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Trijicon finally released a shrunken RMR for today's slim carry guns:
Trijicon RMR cc

Outside of the Hellcat OSP, Sig P365XL, and Glock MOS (and maybe one other I forgot), they will soon have dovetail mounts for several different guns, including the XDS. Initial pricing looks kinda ridiculous (>$600!); I'm hoping it will lower in the near future as I'm quite a fan of their standard RMR.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Nice. I still can't see how I could carry a sidearm with an optic except in the really cold months here in FL. It's hard enough to conceal a small single-stack in my normal hot weather attire!!

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I was looking at them on primary arms site yesterday.

The adapter plus the sight was $650 to fit the Sig 365xl, so I'll be waiting until the "newness" wears off and they are priced more realistically.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Ok, so I'm researching this and I have always been a fan of Trijicon but there are three impediments. The price is way too high. I hear there are some 50% off coupons and that would bring things back into the realm of reality. Second is the mounting plate. I'd prefer an optic that doesn't need one and can bolt directly to the Hellcat OSP. Third is not being able to co-witness with the stock sights.

Right now, it's a toss-up between the Shield RMSc and Trijicon RMRcc.

Shield RMSc doesn't need a mounting plate and co-witnesses with the standard sights. The negatives are that it's not as durable as Trijicon and the lens reportedly scratches easily. If it breaks or gets scratched up with daily carry, then the better value is going to be the Trijicon. It's more expensive upfront, but they're built to last.

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also don’t care for adapter plates with optics. They take an already higher line of sight and raise it a smidge higher. Currently, the only optic pistol I’m using is a G19, but instead of the MOS model, I had a standard slide milled specifically for the RMR, so it sits lower. It still has suppressor height sights, but they co witness a little higher in the window. (I also had the rear sight moved in front of the RMR which I feel gives me a better picture of the dot).

All that is to say that if/when I get an RMRcc for a slim carry gun, I will likely have the slide milled as opposed to using an adapter plate or a dovetail mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Update: Hellcat optic.
In the days since my last post, I kept researching and looking and going back to the Trijicon again and again. Trijicon is a known quantity, they're overbuilt and can take a beating. If I buy one of the other sights, and it doesn't hold up, I'm out all that money and I've got to buy a Trijicon anyway.

Then I remember, the RMRcc MSRP is $699, + the adapter. :-( I wonder what street price is?

I was surprised to find the RMRcc at Optics Planet with a street price of $528.99 - $29.75 coupon = $499.24 and, wait a minute, it's IN STOCK!?
Y'all can guess what happened next. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
No.....the mounting plate and the optic are on back order for 3 to 4 months. Not a big fan of OP if you can't tell. And it's because of IN STOCK items that are NOT in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts