Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone recommend in way of these two site (Trijicon / Ameriglo)?They look similar and don't see too much of a difference in them. If anyone haspictures of their XDs with them on please post. I would like to get some soon,but would like to get opinions before I buy...

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just ordered some Amerigo,s from Optecsplant and with the 10% off i had they will run me 67.00 cant beat that. they use Trijicons vials.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Talking with the one guy at my place, Meprolight are quite good sights. If possible talk to some people at the range(s) you frequent and take into account their input.

Nothing is best, everything is personal preference.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I've been using 3 dot Trijicon and Meprolights for years.
Really never found much difference in the two.

I just bought a Glock 19 and ordered a set of Ameriglo I-dots for it.
I'm wanting to try a 2 dot system for a change.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've been starting to wonder the same thing. Think I'm going to be buying some night sights for mine fairly soon. Was curious between trijicon, truglo, ameriglo, meprolights, etc.

Another question, I've seen some night sights in person (can't remember what brand) and during the day I could barely see the sights. They didn't really have any white outline or anything that made them visible during the day. Anyone have issues like this with their sights?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I've been starting to wonder the same thing. Think I'm going to be buying some night sights for mine fairly soon. Was curious between trijicon, truglo, ameriglo, meprolights, etc.

Another question, I've seen some night sights in person (can't remember what brand) and during the day I could barely see the sights. They didn't really have any white outline or anything that made them visible during the day. Anyone have issues like this with their sights?
I had that issue with my EMP.
It had Trijicons on it, but they had the silver outline and my 48 year old eyes couldn't focus on it.
I sent it back for some upgrades and they actually had to make me one with a white outline.

I like the idea of Heinie Straight 8s, but they also have the sliver outline.
I wanted to try a 2 dot sight for G19 and the Ameriglo I-dots were exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Nope. You get some Tru-Glo TFO's and you will be able to see them easily no matter what kind of light you are in.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I had that issue with my EMP.
It had Trijicons on it, but they had the silver outline and my 48 year old eyes couldn't focus on it.
I sent it back for some upgrades and they actually had to make me one with a white outline.

I like the idea of Heinie Straight 8s, but they also have the sliver outline.
I wanted to try a 2 dot sight for G19 and the Ameriglo I-dots were exactly what I was looking for.
I had no idea you were THAT old, does your wife know?...lol

On the soon to be purchased 1911, I will be getting the same orange dot with tritium vial. Rear sight will either be totaly blacked out or double dots. I don't think I could get used to the double dot type of sight.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Ameriglo uses Trijicon tritium so they're pretty much equal in quality. It really boils down to personal preference. Ameriglos are a bit cheaper...

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I had no idea you were THAT old, does your wife know?...lol

On the soon to be purchased 1911, I will be getting the same orange dot with tritium vial. Rear sight will either be totaly blacked out or double dots. I don't think I could get used to the double dot type of sight.

Yep, I'll be 49 July 5th.
Wife's Bday is July 8th, but I can't tell you how young she is..;)

I thought about the new Trijicon HD sights for the G19.
They are 3 dot sights that come with a red/orange or yellow tritium insert in the front, and blacked out tritium in the rear.
But they don't make them for 1911s just yet.

Trijicon HD™ Night Sights

But being the Glock 19 is a home defense pistol, I wanted the easier 2 dot, one over the other, to make it easier for the wife to use.
She will not train like I wish she would, so the easier the better.

My new Dan Wesson Guardian came with the 3 dot Trijicons, with the white outlined front.
The front is green and the rear are yellow.
Don't have any pics yet.

On the two dot; is the rear sight just black with a key hole cut out?
Two dot is one front, one rear tritium..
The Ameriglos I-dot Pro have the colored (instead of white) outline around the front.
The rear has a single dot Tritium, but there is no outline, so you really only see it in low light conditions.
Pics in my post above.
You just line up dot over dot in low light.
The Ameriglo Standard I-dot have the front white outlined with the single rear.
These are Glock sights I'm referring to.
I'm not sure what Ameriglo has for XDs.

Trijicon does make their HD sights for XD pistols.

Trijicon HD™ Night Sights

·
Registered
205 Posts
What does everyone recommend in way of these two site (Trijicon / Ameriglo)?They look similar and don't see too much of a difference in them. If anyone haspictures of their XDs with them on please post. I would like to get some soon,but would like to get opinions before I buy...
I got the ameriglo XD-191 green/green for my XDM and I'm very happy with them. On the actual sights they have the Trijicom name on them. They are as good as Trijicom and at a somewhat lower price. They look excellent!!!

https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/springfield/night-sights/complete-sets

And they have them for HKs, Sigs, Kimbers, S&W, FNH and Ruger:

https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used sell the Trijicons and the Ameriglos. Best value? Go with the Ameriglos.

They added some new designs including the 'i-dots' that brings it closer to Warren's and Heinie's. I haven't seen much innovation coming of our Trijicon with their pistol sights. Even the HDs give the same sight picture as their older models.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I will also indorse Meprolights. I have them on my M & P 9c and Ruger P345.Bright as hell after three years.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have the 3-dot Trijicons, (with the white outlined front), on my XD45 and I've been very pleased with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts