Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two of these front sights lose the white ring while at the range on an XD mod.2 9mm sefvice. Anyone else had this happen?

IMG_20180325_144047231.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One installed by me, second installed by local gun shop. About 500-750 rounds on each of the two sights that did it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
It can happen, I've seen it on others - all different guns.

Trijicon should honor that warranty without question.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will honor it, but I'm tired of it happening on such high dollar sights. And now I'll have to pay to have the gunsmith replaced it, again.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
They will honor it, but I'm tired of it happening on such high dollar sights. And now I'll have to pay to have the gunsmith replaced it, again.
Agreed.

It's weird that you had it happen to not one gun, but two - and that they were not installed by the same individual, to-boot.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
I think you need different night sights...

That’s odd, though...I’ve got Trijicon like that on pistols for over 10 years, and the white silicon rubber is still there...maybe a QC issue?

Let Trijicon know.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed.

It's weird that you had it happen to not one gun, but two - and that they were not installed by the same individual, to-boot.
That's why I let a pro install the second. Figured I did it improperly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That’s odd, though...I’ve got Trijicon like that on pistols for over 10 years, and the white silicon rubber is still there...maybe a QC issue?

Let Trijicon know.
After window (internet) shopping for 3 months, Those were really the only night sights I cared for.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts

Let Trijicon know.
^ That's what I'm thinking, too....that it's a Q/C issue.

I can see one of two individual installers making a mistake and perhaps causing some kind of damage to the unit that would cause the ring to pop loose - but two different individuals? I'd say that's rather unlikely. I think Weaverette was definitely right/smart to swallow his pride to let someone who is supposed to be a pro do that second install, and I think that this may point to an actual issue with the item.

Maybe there was a bad batch of epoxy?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Damn, hope it gets resolved and the warranty ones are GTG. My new XDM has Trijicon Night Sights (Orange bezel in front) and I just hope mine hold up. It’s used and after 150 rounds it seems good.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Damn, hope it gets resolved and the warranty ones are GTG. My new XDM has Trijicon Night Sights (Orange bezel in front) and I just hope mine hold up. It’s used and after 150 rounds it seems good.
Those are a different model, so if it’s a QC issue, it’s logical to think that your HD’s will be fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have RMA for both front Sights. They requested I send my slide, too. Do I really want to be without my carry gun for a month? Guess I'll use my wife's!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I assume they're gonna install the sight for you if you send the slide in.

Use it as excuse to go buy another back up carry piece :mrgreen:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I assume they're gonna install the sight for you if you send the slide in.

Use it as excuse to go buy another back up carry piece :mrgreen:
Just bought an LCP 2 ($229) yesterday and went straight to the range. It was when I got home that I realized the front sight in the XD was messed up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I keep debating picking an LCP up...they're just good little pistols.
Daughter has an LCP. Wife has an LCP 2 and I liked it quite a bit. So I bought one for a bug

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any progress on resolving this?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sent both front sights back along with my slide. We'll see. Expected 2-3 well turnaround.

Dang...hope it gets resolved, good luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts