Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have the Trijicon night sights put on my XDm .45. As soon as I get my duty holster and qualify, the XDm will be my new duty weapon and the Glock 22 will sit in the safe for awhile. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I had these same sights installed on my XD45 this past Saturday. So far I love them, but it's time to hit the range to put 'em to the test!

BTW, I used to own a Glock 22 also. Good pistol!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got some trigger time with my new XDm 45. I carry a Glock 22 as my duty weapon, so I had to get used to the angle of the XDm. After the first couple of magazines, I was used to the weapon, and wow! I love shooting the XDm compared to the Glock. Maybe it's just me, but the XDm's recoil seems smoother and I did not notice the difference in the trigger reset that so many of the Glock fans like to gripe about. I fired about 250-300 rounds and qualified so I can now carry it on duty once the holster arrives. I fired it straight out of the box, no CLP put on the slide. No malfunctions despite the fact that our practice ammo are professional reloads. I didn't practice any tac reloads yet, so I cant comment on the tightness of the magazine release with a loaded mag. All in all, I LOVE THIS PISTOL! Now I can't wait for my SA Loaded 1911 to arrive!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I had the Bright and Toughs on my old XD and I really miss them. Did you look at their new HD night sights? I'm thinking about giving those a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the Bright and Toughs on my old XD and I really miss them. Did you look at their new HD night sights? I'm thinking about giving those a try.
The Trijicon HDs are fantastic. I put a set on my XDm9 and moved my TFOs to my XDm40. Just ordered another set of the HDs for the 40 and will be moving the TFOs to the XDm9sc.

$127 is not too bad of a price either.

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
25 Posts
How about some photos? I am thinking about Trijicon's Night sights for my XDM but have read that it is not job that most gunsmiths like to do. Something with the way the current sights put in makes them hard to get out. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have the same sights on my xd40sc and love them. I used meps on my glocks but the xd came with trijicon HD green/green. The quality of the trijicon tritium is much better IMO. The mepros had a fuzzy look to them, the trijis are very high def and crisp. Very pleased

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally have the Trijicon night sights put on my XDm .45. As soon as I get my duty holster and qualify, the XDm will be my new duty weapon and the Glock 22 will sit in the safe for awhile. Here are some pics.

very nice! i'm about to put the same trijicons on my walther PPQ...
BTW, NOW THAT YOU CAN COMAPRE THE GLOCK 22 WITH YOUR XDM , HOW DO THEY COMPARE?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just bought a used XDM .45 this weekend from a LGS. Came equipped with 3D Trijicon NS. Unfortunately the front sight is dead even thought it is labeled as a 2010. Called up the owner and he said he would order a front and replace it for free for me so I am pleased.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Recently had Heinie sights swapped out (could not get comfortable with them) for Trijicon HD's on my XD9SC. The HD's are outstanding for my old eyes. Based on reports here on the forum about how difficult and risky removal and installation are, bought the sights from and had them installed by James (Welcome) and he did a great job on the install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Meprolights on my Kimber Eclipse and they are awesome..I hope I can use them on my new XDM 45 SS on her way to me now...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts