Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have this bad boy coming PANTHER 308 LR BULL 24'''' RIFLE - Impact Guns

I am looking into triggers because I did not like the trigger in the DPMS 308 I shot.

I own a couple of Timney's an like them. I even have a Spikes Battle Trigger with JP springs that is SWEET.

BUT I am looking into Geissele triggers! I am looking into the geissele ssa-e in this 308. What do you guys have or think about this trigger. I thought a two stage might be nice for a change.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I love my CMC trigger - its a drop in unit with no take up and very little over travel. Break is very crisp, good positive reset. I love the face that it's a drop in unit. Cheaper than giesseles, but only by about $100. They offer curved and flat triggers in 3.5 to 6.5 lbs and they provide decent anti rotational pins with it. If you went with a combat trigger, I would suggest the ALG unit, at least I think it's ALG. Get some good KNS anti rotational pins and you're set for many thousands of rounds

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys, thanks!! I think since I will be shooting mostly long range with this new gun I will go with the SSA-E then. What about anti rotational pins? Needed? KNS pins look nice buy it seems that the Geissele pins should be pretty good right?

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Okay guys, thanks!! I think since I will be shooting mostly long range with this new gun I will go with the SSA-E then. What about anti rotational pins? Needed? KNS pins look nice buy it seems that the Geissele pins should be pretty good right?
neither needed, nor recommended for Geissele triggers.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Both of my Rock River's came with their two stage trigger and I replaced one of them with a Geissele SSA-E. The RRA is not a bad trigger but the SSA-E is much better. Very smooth.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There's always Taccon

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am learning towards the SSA for this rifle me thinks.:-D I went shooting last night and I just had my carbine with the spikes tactical battle trigger and JP srpings and man that even was light years ahead of a stock PSA or DPMS trigger that I shot last night.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am learning towards the SSA for this rifle me thinks.:-D I went shooting last night and I just had my carbine with the spikes tactical battle trigger and JP srpings and man that even was light years ahead of a stock PSA or DPMS trigger that I shot last night.
I have the SSA and it is very nice however when I felt the weight and how crisp the SSA-E trigger broke in comparisson, I now wish I had purchased the SSA-E....

You live and you learn and my next trigger will be the SSA-E :cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the SSA and it is very nice however when I felt the weight and how crisp the SSA-E trigger broke in comparisson, I now wish I had purchased the SSA-E....

You live and you learn and my next trigger will be the SSA-E :cool:
I have an SSA-E on the way for my 308, I just couldn't justify spending the extra cash for the SSA-E when the SSA seemed close. I hope the SSA is nice I almost bought the GS2 - wonder how that would have been...hmm

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have an SSA-E on the way for my 308, I just couldn't justify spending the extra cash for the SSA-E when the SSA seemed close. I hope the SSA is nice I almost bought the GS2 - wonder how that would have been...hmm
You really cannot go wrong with the SSA. When comparing it to a standard mil-spec trigger it is MUCH nicer! It's just when you compare the SSA to the SSA-E... that's when you notice how much crisper the SSA-E breaks...

I still love my SSA though... Good quality trigger my friend.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You really cannot go wrong with the SSA. When comparing it to a standard mil-spec trigger it is MUCH nicer! It's just when you compare the SSA to the SSA-E... that's when you notice how much crisper the SSA-E breaks...

I still love my SSA though... Good quality trigger my friend.
Excellent, thank you much for the information. I thought the SSA would be a cost effective way to get a nice trigger in my other rifle, I would have loved to have ordered two ssa-e- my budget only allowed for one ssa-e and one ssa. I am sure I will not be let down.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Jewel adjustable are another great and affordable option... they were the first adj/target trigger years ago

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the information guys! This is so great. I think geissele, no matter ssa or ssa-e will be nice. It was 45 bucks difference and I am told its pretty much the same except the ssa-e has a lighter break. I'm not "crying" over it, just making sure there isn't such a difference that I should just return it!

In your opinion - keep the ssa or return it and save up a bit more for the ssa-e??

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts