Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to ask. Does the trigger job bump you to Limited, or is this just the case if you change pull weight?

I have been considering a trigger job from Rich or Dave on my Tactical, but don't want to bump the gun out of production.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Tony,

The trigger job, being an internal modification, does not affect divison. Only mods like optics, grip enhancements, magwells, etc, will send your XD to Limited.

You are safe with a Canyon Creek trigger job.

Scott

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Any internal work used to enhance the reliability of a gun may be done. The gun may be refinished as well, as per a new rule change. Any grip modification, magwell work will bump you to open class.

Even the magwell that pistol gear sells will move you to open class.

You can put skate tape, or other grip enhancers on, i.e. pearce grips on the gun without any problem.

New sites can be put on, you cannot have the slide lightened.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
688 Posts
No Min trigger pull weight as long as you don't leave the USA.
Correct, No magwells but you can add any kind on grip tape.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Thanks BOB I found a uspsa local league and they have a state match next month any reccomend class ?I will be shooting my service Xd and have been trying to sort threw all of these rules and haven't figured them all out :lol: What about guide rod's ? Tungston ok?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was just up in Brighton, MI at a Catholic School Charity Match. Might be up for the MI State Match. It is right is your backyard. http://www.sksc.org/ No problem with the tungston guide rod. You should shoot in Limited 10 Division under the U classification. U for unclassified until you have joined USPSA and shot in 4 matches. After that they will send you a classification card. Will be shooting next weekend with two forum members next week. Ampleworks & itchy trigger at the Ohio Sectionals.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I believe your XD would also be fine for production if you removed the tungsten guide rod (assuming it is more than 2 ounces heavier than stock) and only load the mags to 10 rounds. That's what I do for our local USPSA matches.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Paladin said:
I believe your XD would also be fine for production if you removed the tungsten guide rod (assuming it is more than 2 ounces heavier than stock) and only load the mags to 10 rounds. That's what I do for our local USPSA matches.
9's in Production....40's in Limited 10 because of the major PF

·
Registered
688 Posts
Most 40 ammo chrono's above 165 PF. That's why shooters go for Limited 10 to get the higher points in Major. Of course if all you shoot are Alphas then it doesn't make any difference. :lol:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I was at skas and they have a nice range. 5 individual pits and separate timer I shot all four stage 200 rounds or so in less than 2 hours.I need to figure out this scoring thing though :?
So if you shoot limited ten which is major pf the penalties are lower?Than production?

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
If you shoot Production, everyone scores as Minor. If you go Limited 10, I believe 9mm scores as Minor, 40 at Major, and going Minor is double the downs in L10.

I am probably wrong on this...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why does USPSA say 10 rounds for Production and IPSC says no limit on magazine capacity for production? So far I have been running 15 rounds in my XD9 in production and no one has said anything. I just recently ran accross the 10 round max rule for USPSA. Dang, one of the reasons I wanted to shoot in USPSA instead of IDPA is that I got to use a full magazine. Oh well.... at least I don't get yelled at as much in USPSA.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Production was started during the ban so ten rounds was the law. Since it sunsetted there are states that have 10 round limits in place. They don't want to disadvantage shooters because of where they live. In IPSC (international) 10 round bans are far and few between.
Rich

·
Registered
452 Posts
R/T Performance said:
I was at skas and they have a nice range. 5 individual pits and separate timer I shot all four stage 200 rounds or so in less than 2 hours.I need to figure out this scoring thing though :?
So if you shoot limited ten which is major pf the penalties are lower?Than production?
Sort of, you get an extra point for B, C, & D hits if you shot major in L10, Limited, or Open. In Production everything is scored Minor.

Scoring:

Min Maj
A 5 5
B 3 4
C 3 4
D 1 2

I was shooting Production but switched to L10 to take advantage of Major scoring. Most factory stuff makes major and the stuff that doesn't isn't far enough below major to make much of a difference. Until I get into reloading and I can load something minor for my 40 I'm sticking to L10. I've shoot some minor 40 stuff before and for matches it's sweet. Reloading is a little ways down the road for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts