Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the high quality and accuracy of my shooting, Jorge makes no warranty, express or implied concerning any of Jorge's bullets final destination. In no event will Jorge or his affiliates or other of Jorge's family members be liable for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of the life of any bad guy arising directly or indirectly from the use of Jorges XD 40 Service in the use of self defense purposes. Even though Jorges XD 40 Service is being fitted with new TFO sites and full trigger work from Canyon Creek, Jorge advises all bad guys conteplating harm to Jorge or his affiliates or other Jorge family members of the possibility that such damages may arise from said trigger work. :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Jorge said:
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the high quality and accuracy of my shooting, Jorge makes no warranty, express or implied concerning any of Jorge's bullets final destination. In no event will Jorge or his affiliates or other of Jorge's family members be liable for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of the life of any bad guy arising directly or indirectly from the use of Jorges XD 40 Service in the use of self defense purposes. Even though Jorges XD 40 Service is being fitted with new TFO sites and full trigger work from Canyon Creek, Jorge advises all bad guys conteplating harm to Jorge or his affiliates or other Jorge family members of the possibility that such damages may arise from said trigger work. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will save this if you ever need it!
:wink:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Jorge said:
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the high quality and accuracy of my shooting, Jorge makes no warranty, express or implied concerning any of Jorge's bullets final destination.
Not to be a party pooper.. but your "final destination" may end up being a young child in a stroller on the other side of the BG (friendly fire). I am fully responsible for every bullet that leaves through the barrel of my gun (and do my best to ensure it goes where I want it to). I agree with not being liable for the BG, but would you propose the BG be liable for your shot that missed him? While it'd be great if the BG was responsible for your misses, it'll never happen. Even LEOs are responsible for every shot they take and where it ends up.

Just something to think about. Other than that, I love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowpoke13 said:
...your "final destination" may end up being a young child in a stroller on the other side of the BG (friendly fire). I am fully responsible for every bullet that leaves through the barrel of my gun (and do my best to ensure it goes where I want it to).
Yes, I agree, I was just making light of this very litigeous society we live in.

·
Registered
381 Posts
okie dokey. I didn't mean to harp on you. I do like the disclaimer though. If I could shorten it and shrink it, I might get it etched on every bullet I buy. Can you see this etched around the shell? I think it'd be pretty cool.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I don't think etching it into the shell would do any good. It'd have to be attached to the bullet itself so the BG could "receive" it.

Maybe you could print out a mini-scroll and stuff it into a hollow point tip? Of course, that might screw with the round's expansion...

I'm sure the courts would love that!

-James

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meta4 said:
I don't think etching it into the shell would do any good. It'd have to be attached to the bullet itself so the BG could "receive" it.

Maybe you could print out a mini-scroll and stuff it into a hollow point tip? Of course, that might screw with the round's expansion...

I'm sure the courts would love that!

-James
Wasn't there some proposal recently that would have made ammo manufacturers make their ammunition traceable in some manner so one could trace a particular bullet back to a batch number? Anyhow, I think it was intended to make ammunition unbearably high to disenfranchise us gun owners. :evil:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I remember hearing something along those lines. I also remember that some California city (San Francisco, maybe?) was considering passing an "ammunition tax" that would've made even .22LR ridiculously expensive, thereby effectively banning the sport. Of course, they tried to pass it as a "sensible law" that would pay for health costs from gang wars and "environmental revitalization" at closed gun ranges.

To the best of my knowledge, this bill choked pretty early on.

-James
(...could be wrong.)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Jorge said:
Wasn't there some proposal recently that would have made ammo manufacturers make their ammunition traceable in some manner so one could trace a particular bullet back to a batch number? Anyhow, I think it was intended to make ammunition unbearably high to disenfranchise us gun owners. :evil:

There was talk of placing microscopic particles in the gun powder to trace the ammo. They could conceivably place the same stuff in the lead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts