Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been lurking and learning for quite a while here. I've searched and I can't find any posts about this problem.

My trigger problem seems to be the opposite of most people's. On my XD-9 the trigger saftey will depress past the face of the trigger. This gives me a sharp edge on both sides of the slot for the safety. Shooting a lot of rounds tends to irritate my trigger finger.

I've tried sanding the edges of the slot - helps a little. Keeping my finger pad centered on the trigger helps some. But I still get a sore finger after too many rounds.

I looked for a replacement safety bar - can't find one either from board sponsers or Google.

Any ideas?

And thanks in advance. I've found tons of great info from this site thanks to many contributors.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Shoot more, you will get a calous and not notice anymore. I never had this problem on my XD.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
when you go to the range put a wrap of medical tape on your finger. If you ever need the XD for defending your life you wont notice the abrasion anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. I wish I had the $$/time to shoot enough to develop a calous on my trigger finger. :D I'd prefer to train as I would fight - no gloves or tape on my hands that is. I've already smoothed the edges of the trigger groove - I may do some more. But it's a wide, deep groove in the middle of the trigger that really should not be there and still bugs me a bit.

Just a minor annoyance on an otherwise great gun. So no one else has a trigger safety that depresses past the face of the trigger?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts