Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I saw a pic of a pimped XD9 a little while back, so I decided to do the same to my XD-9 Service. Had the barrel polished by Ryan Burick to a mirror finish (he did a great job and had the barrel back to me in 4 days). So I completely stripped the frame to mirror polish the following parts myself; mag release buttons, slide stop, grip safety, trigger bar, and the trigger itself. The Glock-like trigger safety was plastic, so I had to remove it to polish the trigger. The trigger safety pin was pressed at both ends and was a complete b#tch to remove, but I was able to get it out without seriously damaging the pin.

So, now all of the parts are polished and the frame is ready to be reassembled. Only thing is; I'm a bit worried about the reliability of the 'used' trigger safety pin. It should be fine, but I would like to find a new pin just in case it should fail. I've looked everywhere I know to look for a new pin. The only place I've found that has the pin is Numrich, but it is 'Out of Stock'.

Does anyone know where the hell I can find this pin?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
The used one is fine unless you bent it, I have never replaced one when I refinish guns to install trigger kits for customers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply on that brother. It had me worried a little bit not being able to find a new pin. But, no, the pin wasn't bent even slightly. Anything I should know (tips?) about getting the pin flush on both sides of the trigger when I finally put her back together?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts