Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I shoot this gun, the better I like it. I have been trying to become more proficient in the use of the trigger reset. It seems to me that the pull weight of the trigger using the short reset is lighter than the pull weight using the whole trigger travel. Is that just my impression or is it actually a lighter pull weight. I cannot think of why that would be as it should take the same effort to finish cocking the striker either way.
I have the PRP spring kit installed in this gun but that should not make any difference either.
Anybody else think they noticed a difference?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
If you installed a PRP trigger kit using their springs, your trigger pull should be shorter and lighter. My XD9SC with a PRP Ultimate Match kit ended up 3.5# and less than 3/8"

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
If you installed a PRP trigger kit using their springs, your trigger pull should be shorter and lighter. My XD9SC with a PRP Ultimate Match kit ended up 3.5# and less than 3/8"
Not likely you'll see a shorter trigger pull on the XD-S. The PRP "kit" is just a bunch of springs, unless they came out with something new in the past month. The springs will not shorter the trigger pull. To do that, you need to replace more hardware than just the springs, as you did on your XD9sc.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Not likely you'll see a shorter trigger pull on the XD-S. The PRP "kit" is just a bunch of springs, unless they came out with something new in the past month. The springs will not shorter the trigger pull. To do that, you need to replace more hardware than just the springs, as you did on your XD9sc.
+1, yep ;-)

·
Registered
199 Posts
With the trigger safety spring being noticeably lighter, it could give the perception of shorter, but no, it's not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts