Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question that I hoped someone (know someone) on here could help me with.

I have the XDM 9mm 3.8 COMPACT, and I love it. The only thing that I'd like to do is get the trigger reset shorter. I've seen that Springfield offers this service, but I haven't seen much feedback on here about how good that is.

Are there any recommendations on where to get this done or if Springfield is the way to go? Please keep in mind that I am very new to this and don't want to be doing anything myself. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just reposting to bring this to the front in case someone logs on that knows how to help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last try... nobody?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Springfield does a good job as well as Springer Precision, Canyon Creek, and Powder River Precision. I am not sure, but if James @ XD/HS2000.com does them, I would trust him as well.

The popular ones to do yourself is the Powder River Precision kits.

Good luck!

Head over to gunsmithing and maintenance to answer all your question......the first 3 pages should be plenty.......

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I've heard nothing but good about the companies listed ... With that said, one of our (XDTALK's) smiths did break it down recently by stating that if you want the trigger closer to the grip, you should contact Scott @ Springer precision.

If length to trigger is not that important, all of them seem to be equally recommended.

I've got no experience with any of these trigger mods, but do trust the suggested difference ... Found it ... Read this - http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general-sa-xd-xd-m-talk/181759-need-xd-m-5-25-advice.html#post2980967

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My buddy just installed the PRP trigger to his XDm about a week ago. I shot it yesterday and it was very nice. IMO XD/XDm's, M&P's, and even Glocks could use a little help in the trigger department.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The PRP is about as close as you're going to get with the XD/XDm. Still no comparison though... IMO the Apex FSS for the M&P is about as close to a 1911 trigger you're going to get in a striker fired gun.
I have an M&P 40, but my main hand likes the XD-45. I just got a 1911 last week and the trigger pull on the SA 1911 is really messing up my pull on the XD now! :p I went to the indoor range yesterday with both firearms and I used the 1911 first. Then I used th XD, I pulled the trigger for the first shot and nothing happend. I was like ohh no my XD is broke. What happend was I didnt pull the trigger all the way through. My bad.....its just messing me up now. :shock:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I just wish the prices would come down into the glock pricing. Glocks aftermarket is much cheaper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I liked the springer precision much better than the Powder River kit but I suppose you'll get both sides of the street. One thing I also liked about Springer Precision was there customer service. I had a few questions about a trigger install and they new exactly what I needed to do by me explaining to them what was wrong and it turned out perfect. They took the time to help and were super nice.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One more question with this... I see that Springfield-Armory also does their own trigger jobs. Is there a reason to not choose them? Will my warranty be void with the two companies discussed on this thread?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
One more question with this... I see that Springfield-Armory also does their own trigger jobs. Is there a reason to not choose them? Will my warranty be void with the two companies discussed on this thread?

Thanks again!
Springfield Armory will not warranty parts that are not theirs, so if a part from PRP or Springer Precision breaks, SA will not warranty it. But if you have a trigger kit and the slide cracks or Frame cracks, they will warranty those parts.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Thanks again!
Just so you know, PRP warranties their parts and Springfield will warranty every part thats stock on the gun so essentially you have a completely warrantied gun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts