Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my XDSC .40 for a few months and am curious if anyone has experienced my situation. I get the sensation when pulling the trigger of it snapping or pinching my finger. I realize the description is somewhat vague, but I lack a better. Has anyone else felt this and if so is there a fix?

Frank

·
Registered
92 Posts
ive heard of it but haven't experienced it i've heard of the trigger safety biting some people for some reason, the trigger should be smothing out by now it gets a little better at about 200 rnds and better again at two thousand or so round

freebyrd

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Same here, I've heard of it but never experienced it with any of my 6-7 XDs <shrug>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I call it a "stinger" for lack of a better term (if it's what is happening to you).

In my case - and it's the same with the Glock trigger as well - when I pull the trigger back, gun goes bang, it's like the little blade in the middle of the trigger is whacking me in the finger over and over again.

I've tried both the 9mm and .40 with the same result.

I'm going to try a revised trigger but don't know if that will help.

I never have this happen on any Kimber, Wilson, Sig, H&K, S&W, Walther or many other "standard" triggers, only on the "safe action" triggers.

Regards,
gp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts