Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking at buying an xd-service 9 for some time but have been holding off until I got a chance to shoot one. After shooting a friends today I noticied that about 1/2 way through the trigger pull I would feel a "rough" spot that would kinda click. After passing this spot the gun would fire. Is this normal for all XD's? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
347 Posts
You're feeling the sear drop out from underneath the firing pin's catch. The sear lowers, and releases the firing pin, the firing pin is thrown forward by its spring, and so on. If its rough its probably in need of a little oil there, or perhaps a bit of polishing. After polishing mine up its nice and smooth. I run through the slack, then set it right on the break, hold breath, and whamo, breaks nice and clean.

Matthew

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same here. Some people complain about the trigger pull but I like it. Since it's single action you can pull the trigger back to the break and get a nice accurate 1st shot and 2nd, 3rd etc... :). The overtravel and reset are the only things I would change and I am planning on doing that anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered an XD tactical with an horrific trigger, but learned that this wasn't typical and that some people actually receive examples with very good triggers.

The bright side is that the remedy is fairly simple trigger work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts