Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok did recall and hated the trigger when I got it back. Was just at 8lbs. Yeah I know send it to SA. Nah been that route..soooo just did a PRP drop in on the XDM and pull comes in at 4.5 so figured I'd give the PRP XDS spring kit a shot. Installed and pull came down to 6.5. Okeedokee. Being one to f' with stuff figured I'd try bending the GSS like mentioned in the sticky on this board. Hmmmm pull is now 4.5 or so. Polished everything while apart w/ cloth and polish and trigger is smooth. Gotta hit range..just hope no side effects from bending the GSS ..worse case can bend back. Anyone else at this weight? Any issues?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine came back from sa at about 5.5 I already has the prp kit pre recall amd polished everything. I bent the gss a well and after 2 days of dry fire the pull settled in to about 4lbs and feels better than it did before.

·
Registered
279 Posts
To test the function of the grip safety spring unload your gun and pull the trigger on your xds. Without pressing on the grip safety pull your slide back and see if the trigger resets. If it resets then your gun should be functioning just fine.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
8lbs? :confused: Perfect for a self defense pistol. :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was 8lbs and gritty. No thanks. I also have most of my pistols at 4.5 or so. Emp TRP etc so by having this same weight I have consistent pulls with all so doesn't matter which one I carry, the pull will be similar. Yes the TRP is muuuuch smoother obviously but consistent is what I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts