Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCROLL DOWN IN POST TO READ UPDATE

short story:
I was shooting, then suddenly after squeezing off the 6th or 7th round, i was releasing the trigger to let it reset, but there was no pressure on the trigger like there should be returning it back to position. My trigger is pretty much limp. Somewhere in my gun i think there is a spring loose or broken. Thats what it feels like. But since i can't pull the trigger, i can't disassemble it to examine.

Sorrie... i realize now that it wasn't very short of a story.

here's some more of my ranting...
My XD has never ever ever given me any problems, and today was a great day at the range... i shot well, grouped well and had a blast taking out some friends for their first time shooting. hell, i even shot well out of my usp compact, which i next to never shoot. I was very annoyed and a bit concerned when this happen. I can't imagine how utterly speechless i'd be if this happened when i really needed it.

So a few questions...

1)has this ever happened to anybody?

2)What is the problem and can i fix it?

3)If i have to send this thing to SA, am i allowed to ship it to them without taking it apart?

4)Will SA hassle me for the fact that i have a DGR and wolff spring in it instead of the factory recoil assembly?(even though i'm 99.9999% sure that these things have nothing to do with it)

I'm pretty grumpy right now, as i was recently tellin my shooting buddy how much i love my xd and would always reach for it before my USP if shtf because i'm so used to it now. Damn, and i just bought a case of the wwb value packs from walmart this afternoon too. the USPc just isn't as much fun for me to shoot.

Any and all comments welcome.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wJAKE19 said:
get a hold of SA
Will do... but they are closed on weekends according to their website.

TomSwift said:
It's a bummer when something breaks but ANYTHING (including Glocks and XD's) can and will break. It's a plus that Springfield has enough faith in the XD to offer a lifetime warranty. It can be fixed.
Yea, one of the reasons i got the xd was because it had the warranty. As for "anything can and will break"... well i know all things mechanical can malfunction, but i sure as hell don't expect it to break. This whole ordeal has severely dropped my faith in the xd. oh and tom swift... what makes u believe that the xds and glocks will break? just curious.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread not on much on the weekends.
Did you try to pm James?
You could fab up a fork to release the sere in the back to disassmble it and see what went wrong.Look in the back and you will see just pry it up a little and it will let go.
If you are sending it in contact megan at springfield-armory.com
She is the best rep they have

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
This whole ordeal has severely dropped my faith in the xd. oh and tom swift... what makes u believe that the xds and glocks will break? just curious.
They will break because they are mechanical beasts subject to intense, violent forces. I've seen lots of "unbreakable" things break. If they absolutely would not break there would be no need for spare parts, warranties, etc.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Don was very helpful and sent me a link to some similar posts. As far as i can figure its a spring problem. Either one is broken or somehow come out of place. i would try the fork trick to disassemble and inspect, but i sent the gun out already to SA this morning.

i will post of course once i hear from SA with regards to my repairs. However, from what customer service is telling me, something to do with inventory of parts is going to hold up the repair dept's inspection/repair of my gun until on or after the 10th of this month. So i don't expect to see the thing until at least the end of the month. I am also going to have some night sights put on the thing while its out there. I'm still debating which sights to go with, but currently leaning towards the trijicons as opposed to their custom night sights.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i finally got my XD back(after approx 1mo 11days 2hrs)!!!! Woo hoo~~!

Ok, now that i've got that out of my system... here's the update. The SA invoice states that it was the trigger bar spring that was the culprit and it was replaced and covered under the warranty. I haven't had a chance to take it out to the range yet, but dry firing with some snap caps, it seems to be back to normal. The pull feels a little heavier, but i'm sure thats to be expected with a new spring.

I also had SA install some night sights while they had it, and i am lovin' these trijicons! I think they are a worthwhile mod.

I was a little bit worried about what they would do with the Don's guide rod i had in the gun, but apparently, they weren't bothered by it. Perhaps they've seen a couple of them on the guns they get for repairs. I say that because my gun was returned to me with the dgr installed as opposed to the stock recoil assembly that i sent in with my gun just in case.

I must say this about SA's customer service though... they are a very patient and tolerant group of people. I say that because they were gracious enough to put up with my dozen or so calls while they had it from my impatience to get it back.

On a side note, i was so severely feeling the withdrawal symptoms of not having my xd that i ended up going out and buying a g19. ironically, with CA's 10day wait period... i won't be able to pick up the g19 from the store until tomorrow after 3:30pm. lol.

·
Registered
359 Posts
a 9mm!!!

You should have bought a .45! :)

Just kidding, I'm sure your new BLOCK, eh, I mean GLOCK, will serve you well. Just make sure you shoot the hell out of your XD now that you have it back!

-stunks

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stunksinatl said:
a 9mm!!!

You should have bought a .45! :)

Just kidding, I'm sure your new BLOCK, eh, I mean GLOCK, will serve you well. Just make sure you shoot the hell out of your XD now that you have it back!

-stunks
well i went with the 9mm to give myself a way to go shooting and perhaps save a little money on ammo. As for a .45, the only .45 that i really want at the moment is a USP fullsize and thats a couple hundred more than i had to spend. Others on the .45 list, but not as desperately as i want the USP, are a kimber(undecided on model), and sig p220

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Glad that things worked your way and SA treated
you right.

Eric, PM Bubbaman, I think that he has a Sig P220
that he could offer up at a good price. Just tell him
that Ed sent you his way. A great guy to do business
with.

Ed

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ed Ely said:
Glad that things worked your way and SA treated
you right.

Eric, PM Bubbaman, I think that he has a Sig P220
that he could offer up at a good price. Just tell him
that Ed sent you his way. A great guy to do business
with.

Ed
I don't think i have the cash for one just yet. But thanks for the heads up.

UPDATE: I just went to the range tonight and shot my xd for the first time since it got back from SA. I don't know how i coulda lived without it. It felt like coming home again. The new trijicons i had put on were great as well, they were sighted in perfectly. Man how love my xd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts