Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post from a newbie shooter, so please go easy on me. :)

I bought a new XD-40 4" as my first gun. I got it in one of those "kits" with 3 mags, a plastic holster, etc. Today was the first chance I had to take it to the range.

I ran about 275 rounds through it, all Mag-Tech "Shootin Size" 180gr FMC-FLAT. I had a couple of fail-to-feeds in the first set or two of magazines, but that cleared up. I also had about three times where I could have sworn I pulled the trigger, but no "bang". Clearing the gun didn't seem to show anything wrong so I reloaded and kept going.

More troubling was the fact that by the end of the session the pin that the trigger pivots on worked itself about halfway out, to the left. (ok, I'm slow on the uptake, I should have noticed sooner, but they don't call us newbies for nothing) I had to quit shooting and get someone at the shop to look at it. They tapped it back in with the plastic end of a screwdriver, and we agreed that if it does this again it should go back to the factory - which didn't make me all that happy.

Part of me almost wishes I had bought the CZ I was eyeing instead. I know this is probably no big deal and/or break-in issues, but it's a bit disconcerting to have it happen first time out, on my first gun, and a gun I expected to rely on for self-defense. Waaah.

Anybody else seen this problem with the trigger pin?

If I do send it back to the factory, is there anything else I should ask them to do?

·
Registered
176 Posts
wow, sorry to here that, i havent heard of anything like that. i hope it works out for you, but i think both guns are fantatic. mines had probably about 10X what yours has had through it, and no problems yet, so you may have an issue, i would recomend at least letting Springfield know, via email, and im sure they will show some interest in fixing the problem

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Gannet said:
First post from a newbie shooter, so please go easy on me. :)

I bought a new XD-40 4" as my first gun. I got it in one of those "kits" with 3 mags, a plastic holster, etc. Today was the first chance I had to take it to the range.

I ran about 275 rounds through it, all Mag-Tech "Shootin Size" 180gr FMC-FLAT. I had a couple of fail-to-feeds in the first set or two of magazines, but that cleared up. I also had about three times where I could have sworn I pulled the trigger, but no "bang". Clearing the gun didn't seem to show anything wrong so I reloaded and kept going.

More troubling was the fact that by the end of the session the pin that the trigger pivots on worked itself about halfway out, to the left. (ok, I'm slow on the uptake, I should have noticed sooner, but they don't call us newbies for nothing) I had to quit shooting and get someone at the shop to look at it. They tapped it back in with the plastic end of a screwdriver, and we agreed that if it does this again it should go back to the factory - which didn't make me all that happy.

Part of me almost wishes I had bought the CZ I was eyeing instead. I know this is probably no big deal and/or break-in issues, but it's a bit disconcerting to have it happen first time out, on my first gun, and a gun I expected to rely on for self-defense. Waaah.

Anybody else seen this problem with the trigger pin?

If I do send it back to the factory, is there anything else I should ask them to do?
The two big pins in the frame of the XD are held in place by pin retainers. They're little hoops of metal that fit into the groove of the frame pins. Maybe your pistol was missing one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts