Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy hell. That was pretty much my impression of the PRP Ultimate Match trigger kit at the range today.

The kit arrived yesterday and I have to admit it was a bit of a pain to get installed. You know how some guys say "Mine went in with almost no fitting required"? Yeah, I'm not that lucky apparently. Every possible surface that might need to be fitted required some time with sandpaper. I can only take solace in the thought that my particular XDm must be very tightly put together.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again or deal with the installation (once again, just my particular gun) to get the resulting trigger bliss that I have. This kit is just flat out awesome. The pull is short, with very little pre-travel and the reduction in pull weight is perfect. It is eerily similar to a SA 1911 Range Officer I had the pleasure of shooting a few weeks ago.

If you have not purchased one of these kits you need to get off your rump and do it. Lie to the wife if you have to.;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where'd you get it from and for how much?

·
Premium Member
127,440 Posts
I had Springer Precision do mine so I know how pleased you must be. It makes a world of difference, IMO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am very glad to hear this, ordered my .40 compact bitone, then the next day this trigger kit, both will be in tomorrow, cant wait. I will fire without, then install and shoot to see the difference.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I just put a PRP kit into my XD9 yesterday too! Haven't shot it yet, however with snap caps, I sure can tell a big difference! I too, had to do some metal removing, on the sear and trigger stop. Can't wait till this weekend to shoot it!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'll vouch for PRP. I sent my 3.8 xdm in for them to do the fitting, as I believe the best person to put in the part is the person who created it (and I was *not* comfortable pretending to be a gunsmith). Beautiful action, and the trigger looks pretty wicked to boot!

Before:

And after:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to the range again today to participate in the weekly shooting league. My original impression was spot on. This trigger rocks. If Springfield had this trigger in the stock XDm, it would be the damned near perfect poly 9mm.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It looks like the trigger is a totally new design.
It is a different trigger, but is is a Springfield trigger, available on some of their custom guns. I hear this makes the trigger itself legal for certain idpa divisions. But I could be wrong...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts