Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a trigger job but want to avoid light hammer strikes. What weight trigger pull is recommended as minimum to avoid light strikes with most ammo? I use Blazer mostly, by the way.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had Rich at Canyon-Creek set mine at 3lbs and have never had a problem. There are guys running near 2lbs with no problems, I think just over 2 or 2.5 lbs is the low end of the scale that Rich offers. His email address is on his web site ( http://www.canyon-creek.com ), shoot him a message and he'll give you some first hand info on this topic.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Bobby Lee said:
Trigger pull weight has nothing to do with missfires.
+1

the trigger mechanism is seperate from the firing mechanism. one activates the other, but doesn't affect the other in any way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! Sorry for the noob questions, but I want to understand this stuff before I decide to get a trigger job or not.

So you're saying that I wouldn't have to get a lighter hammer spring as part of getting the trigger pull down to 3 lbs or so?

If I understand correctly, it's the lighter hammer spring that is the main factor in people having probs with light strikes.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Doesn't this change in revolvers though, where the mainspring has more of an impact on everything?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Ivan A. Makarova said:
Thanks for the info! Sorry for the noob questions, but I want to understand this stuff before I decide to get a trigger job or not.

So you're saying that I wouldn't have to get a lighter hammer spring as part of getting the trigger pull down to 3 lbs or so?

If I understand correctly, it's the lighter hammer spring that is the main factor in people having probs with light strikes.
First of if we are talking XD there is no hammer bieng strike fired .
Simply a spring agianst the back off the firing pin pushes it foward.
Revolers are whole differnt story.
I have two 4# carry jobs and 2.5# comp and Rich(Canyon-creek) is the Xd trigger man

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R/T Performance said:
First of if we are talking XD there is no hammer bieng strike fired .
Simply a spring agianst the back off the firing pin pushes it foward.
Revolers are whole differnt story.
I have two 4# carry jobs and 2.5# comp and Rich(Canyon-creek) is the Xd trigger man
Thanks! The XD is my first striker-fired gun, so I wasn't thinking in terms of the striker mechanism not relying on hammer spring like 1911, etc. That clears up my confusion. The 20 watt bulb over my head is now beginning to light up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts