Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a Gemtec supressor for my Tactical and I am goign to get a new barrel fitted by Spinger. Should I do the trigger at the same time?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
YES!!!

Of course that is just my opinion, lol!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hail yes!

Scott did a trigger job on my .45 & I can tell a world of difference. My accuracy improved dramatically also! :D

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
See the multiple posts here, I'd say it's 99+% 'yes', with the work done by different xdtalk sponsors.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Absolutely do it. IMO it's probably the single best way to upgrade the XD. If you're sending it to him anyway, absolutely have it done (I sent mine to him and couldn't be happier with the results). The first time I pulled the trigger when I got it back I was in shock... the good kind of shock!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I was going to say its worth it but its expensive, but since you are already talking about dumping a ton of money on that gun I would say yes for sure.

·
Registered
278 Posts
100% worth every penny.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I guess that is a resounding "YES". Might as well trick it out.:D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
In case you weren't absolutely, 110% at this point in time: YES!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am planning on getting a Gemtec supressor for my Tactical and I am goign to get a new barrel fitted by Spinger. Should I do the trigger at the same time?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends on the increase in accuracy you want. I'm good with the stock trigger combat accuracy after taking the NRA PPOH course, so no need for me to upgrade.

But if you want more match accuracy, do it!

·
Registered
257 Posts
My gunsmith did the trigger job on my 45 Tactical & Service XD's. I shot one of my friends stock XD the other day, & the trigger sucks! Well.......not really that bad, but a good trigger job sure makes a difference!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Be careful and make sure that you get good springs with your trigger job. I ran into a guy at the CA state IDPA match this weekend and he had a trigger job done by a sponsor here on the forum. He said that it ran great for three months then took a dump. I think the problem was that he is a serious shooter and the parts in his gun were designed around the recreational shooter. I've purchased some stuff from Tactical Technologies at Tactical Technologies and www.pistol gear.com, both have good stuff.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Some XDs I've felt have excellent triggers OTB. If you are going to use it for carry, the somewhat long takeup may be useful. I dry fired one which had a trigger job done - I believe at the factory. It was shorter and much lighter - I would NOT want to carry it. I think the original is well designed for the average shooter in a carry or military sitution. Mine could be a bit crisper - that is all. I felt one in the safety model recently in a store which was perfect. MUCH better than the XDM beside it.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Out of all the work I had done on my different XD's, this is the most noticeable.

I highly recommend it, as long as it is done competently (I used Springfield custom) by someone who knows what they are doing. Otherwise, you may literally end up shooting yourself in the foot or worst...

There are a few Forum commercial sponsors you could look at, as well as Springfield Custom and RoBar --two top notch firms for all sorts of great work.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
The trigger, especially the reset length, is the only negative to the XD. Get the trigger job and have the perfect Combat Tupperware System. You don't have to lighten the pull weight if you don't want to, just let them shorten the reset and travel and smooth it up. Worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts