Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today by an individual that shoots IDPA that if I have a trigger job done on my XDm 9mm I will have an issue with ammo and primers. He said that I would basically have to shoot ammo with soft Federal primers or I would have a lot of problems with fail to fires. I that the case? I has interested in have a trigger job done to make it more like my 1911 Kimber but am a little gun shy now if that is the case with the primers.
Thanks for any and all feedback.

·
Registered
786 Posts
DUD you could always use the XD factory striker spring might add a bit to the pull but even then the trigger would be far ahead of stock. Striker go in, go bang.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
DUD you could always use the XD factory hammer spring might add a bit to the pull but even then the trigger would be far ahead of stock. Hammer fall down go bang.
Not being a smarta$$, but you do mean striker, right? I was unaware the XD has a hammer.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
About 4K through my XDm40 with a PRP trigger and ZERO light primer strikes. I reload and usually use CCI (probably the toughest primers out there) and no issues at all. Go for the trigger job and enjoy IDPA.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm in agreement with everyone here. I have a PRP job on my XDm, and have never had a problem in roughly 1k shots fired since I had it done.

Maybe he was trying to keep you at a disadvantage if you ever go up against him in IDPA!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
If you do the job right it will not effect anything. I have a trigger job on my 2 xds and I have used rifle primer with out light strikes.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
The SA Custom shop has done trigger job on every one of my XD(M)s, never a problem with light strikes, in fact can't say I have ever heard of anyone with that problem because of a trigger job. It might be your IDPA friend does not know what he is talking about :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It didn't make a lot of sense to me if the spring was not being changed out. Yes, my bad on the hammer not striker. Spent the day shooting my super carry pro (100 rds -> 7 wks @ Kimber -> 200 rds ambidextrous safety breaks) so I had 1911 on my mind.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
As others have stated, most trigger jobs do nothing to your striker or striker spring, so will not effect primer hits. PRP does sell upgraded stainless strikers, which I have in 2 of my XDs, and they work great....

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Had prp trigger job in my xdm9 when I went to my first idpa and was using monarchs from academy and not a single issue, after that it's been flawless.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If a trigger job is done poorly, then it could lead to issues. Done correctly and no problems should be expected.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Im at about 1200+ rounds through my PRP tactical trigger and I have not had any issues on my WWB rounds.

I would take just about anything anyone says with a grain of salt.

If they are shooting the same gun I have and shoot it better than me, then I will listen to them a bit more closely. Even more so if they are shooting a different gun, then shoot my gun better than me, then they know what they are doing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback. Will be sending it to PRP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts