Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springfield told me they have a 3.5-4.0 pount trigger for CCW mods. Do you guys think that's a good idea or waste of cash ($125) for the trigger job and overtravle.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't think it's a waste I am planing on having mine done, but you are better off sending it to Canyon Creek instead, that's if you want your gun back within a week, or send it to SA, and it might just take a little (or a lot) longer.
www.canyon-creek.com

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Trigger jobs are very beneficial, esspecialy the overtravel. I did mine and my wifes, instaled overtravels, reduced them to 3 1/2 pounds, and gave them a crisp break. My wife literaly became a better shot overnight with the improvements.

I dont know about the SA trigger jobs but they should be able to do good work since its factory.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i don't anyone has mentioned this yet in the thread, but a trigger job is one of the raffle prizes this year, so that might be an incentive for ya to buy some tickets and support the forum while your at it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a shame that the XD doesn't have a user adjustable trigger like some rifles I've shot... It'd be a heck of a lot cheaper! :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Lumberjack98 said:
islandboy said:
Rich will ask you what the purpose is (carry or competition), he'll probably recommend 4# for carry.
why does he ask that question? is he trying to mentor people into avoiding the 1 pound carry trigger? or does he think 3 pounds is too light, while 4 pounds is just right?

just curious... :?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
c22m22c said:
Lumberjack98 said:
islandboy said:
Rich will ask you what the purpose is (carry or competition), he'll probably recommend 4# for carry.
why does he ask that question? is he trying to mentor people into avoiding the 1 pound carry trigger? or does he think 3 pounds is too light, while 4 pounds is just right?

just curious... :?
Probably because its a generaly accepted practice to have a 4 or more lb. carry trigger. Too light and people tend to AD under stress.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Dockem said:
Change out springs and polish internal points of friction? Just curious.
There are no reduced power springs made for the XD. Polishing contact points is only one aspect of the trigger job. Rich does many different things with his package including some remachining work in order to take care of the pretravel. The overtravel can be taken care of by drilling and tapping the trigger bar and inserting a set screw. Care must be taken though because the trigger return spring engages this area so location is very KEY. Another step in a good trigger job is to sometimes change the angles of engagement, reduce the amount of engagement as well as "tweaking" the springs. A do it yourself trigger job can be dangerous and costly if you screw up. Unless you are experienced in doing them, they are best left to the pros.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts