Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i went to the range and i was getting bad responce from my XD-40. I dint know if it was me or the gun so i got out my S&W and was still not happy so i guess it was me & the guns.

I was having trouble getting the shots in a grouping. so i had somebody else try & they say its the trigger, its too hard. He asked if i would like to try his glock to see how a lighter trigger feels. So i loaded 5 rounds in it & was able to keep the in a 4" circle at 30-35 yards. the glock had a 3 pound trigger.

Is there anyway to drop the XD to a 3-4 pound trigger ???

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Its hard to compare.....since you said the Glock had a 3 pound trigger, you really don't know what else has been done to that Glock. Really every other person prefures Glock triggers or XD triggers. I Always believed that Police departments should let its officers within reason choose what best works for them. It seems like maybe the Glock maybe a better option as far as shoot-ability.

Lots of dryfiring helps, as well as a trigger job......but as you said the S&W also shot bad so maybe its you get in some more trigger time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know for a fact that he only had the trigger lightened to 3 pounds.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Im not arguing the trigger job, what I am saying is that usually most people prefure one trigger over the other. The xd trigger job should not void warrenty unless its the trigger job thats broke.

4inch at 30-35 yrds is really good I would look further into that route.

And if thats your dog in your avitar I like his/her colors.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just wondering if i could do the trigger job myself so i can save a few dollars.

& the dag is one of mine.thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you are like me, having the trigger pull reduced to the 3.5 pound range will improve your groupings. I have 3 XDs. As it turns out the XD40 I got a couple of years ago or more has a 5 pound trigger and my XD9SC has a 6 pound trigger (I have a RCBS trigger gauge). However, the XD9 Tactical I recently bought had a 7 pound trigger that did not change after 1000 rounds. I just could not shoot well with it offhand (but it was quite accurate from the rest). I sent it to Rich at Canyon Creek and it now has a 3.5 pound trigger and I now shoot best with it. I can usually get a 4 inch group at 50 feet offhand which is good for me.

I suppose you COULD do your own gunsmithing...but Canyon Creek is very reasonable and the turnaround is 7 days out the door and back. To save a few bucks I sent the gun 2nd day delivery ("Machine Parts"). Rich returned it to me the same way so he must have worked on it the same or next day he got it!.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Margana said:
...but Canyon Creek is very reasonable and the turnaround is 7 days out the door and back. To save a few bucks I sent the gun 2nd day delivery ("Machine Parts"). Rich returned it to me the same way so he must have worked on it the same or next day he got it!.
Unless Rich has changed his work schedule, he does trigger jobs on Wednesday. If you over-night your XD on Tueday morning, he can do his magic on Wednesday, and have it back to you by Friday. I think he prefers to use FedEx.

Good luck. If you decide to send it to Rich, you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
RUBZERK
He asked if i would like to try his glock to see how a lighter trigger feels. So i loaded 5 rounds in it & was able to keep the in a 4" circle at 30-35 yards. the glock had a 3 pound trigger.
I'd go buy a Glock and get the trigger to where you like it. DO NOT save a few bucks and do the trigger work yourself. It is not worth the money you save to compromise safety.

4" circle at 30-35 yards
That is a looong ways with any pistol. :shock:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Rich does not just reduce pull. I fooled with one off mine and it was a waste and made it worse.He shortens reset and pretravel totally eliminates over-travel .Round all of the edges they are super smooth and money ell spent.
find him here www.canyon-creek.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts