Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many folks regulary shoot a 1911 and an XD, how do you find the respecive triggers, and how do you compensate for any differences?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Alaska, from Texas,

I shoot both, the 1911 and the XD, as well as others, I find no problen switching from the 1911 to the XD. Just this week, I compared groups of 10 shots, between 1911's, XDs, CZ 75B Glocks 17 & 22, S&W 4053 and 5946, all shots was standing without rest at 15 yards. The XDs were a 40 cal. service, and a 45 GAP tactical 5 inch. Groups from all of the pistols were good, but guess what, the 45 GAP 5 inch tactical shot a tighter group than the 45 cal 1911 5 inch pistol that cost over $1000.:shock: My triggers in the XDs are stock, both have smoothed out since the were new, I personally have no need for the aftermarket trigger kits since the pistols are for social use instead of competion. I have better accuracy with a smooth trigger stroke, instead of trying to stage the trigger at the exact moment. I like the XD pistols.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I carry an XD and have regularly shot a 1911 for over 10 years. Both have trigger jobs and 4-5# trigger pulls. With the XD, I have to give it just a bit more finger on trigger. in my ADV CCW and pistol courses both instructors stated that they have seen 1911 shooters who move to Glocks and XDs shoot slightly left and low at 15+yrds so to compensate they advised using a little more finger on the trigger. Took me a few drills to get used to it but it helped me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. My kid wanted an XD and, in fact, we both have been shooting it to left, although not low, from a standing position [it shoots fine from a rest]. So I am sure it is just a matter of getting the finger position down pat. I think it will all work out fine. The trigger feel is just different, not necessarily bad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I shoot well with XD and 1911's, but I prefer the trigger feel on a 1911 style pistol (since that's the only factor you are asking about)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I love my XD's trigger after a trigger job. I also love the 1911 trigger since its a nice clean break. The XD breaks clean as well, it just requires a little more pull before it releases the firing pin.

I'm happy with both and prefer either one of these triggers to just about every other pistol I've fired, but out of the 2 I like the 1911 just a little bit better.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I put the Powder River Match trigger kit into my XD40 and it's pretty nice and crisp now. It's still not as good as my Kimber, but it's not as big of an adjustment.

The PRP kit takes most of the slop out of the trigger if you fit the overstop travel carefully. (it's easy if I could do it!) That said, the XD's trigger will never be as slick as a 1911 because the overall mechanism is different and less inherently smooth as the 1911.

·
Registered
192 Posts
well, a 1911 trigger is more lighter due to its designed, the trigger is linear in motion meaning it moves back, while an hs-xd has a pivoting motion. both are single action. no matter what type of action the gun your using, the key is TRIGGER CONTROL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts