Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in my quest to figure out why my trigger feels like poo in this gun compaired to a glock (yes, i said it)..... I had the slide off and on more times then I can think tonight.. trying to figure out what happens.
..... after a few beers, I realized that the slide hits the trigger bar bad. Infact to the point to where i have to really force the slide on to get it past the initial contact point.

in this pic from xd-hs2000's dissasembly info... it shows his bar is in the same exact positon as mine.

Wondering... how bad would it be to dremel off that peice that sticks up?[/img]

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
If they didn't do it at the factory, then there is a reason it is there. I wouldn't mess with it and if you did, then you will probably kill your warranty and who know what else could get "killed" :?

My V-10 trigger seems to be getting better the more I fire it. If yours is really that bad then I would have one of the forum recommended gunsmiths do the job. Springfield Custom shop would be a good choice too.

Be safe, shoot safe. Good luck! :lol:

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Thats the disconnect dont take that off thats not what is making your trigger feel like poo. Dry fire the xd a few thousand times and your trigger will feel better.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Damn James, I was holding my breath hoping you didn't tell him about that. :)

Would have been interesting. Hehehe...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Posting intoxicated, trying to figure something out on your gun intoxicated.... not good

I guess I'll have to send it off for a trigger job..... Played with a XD Sub 40 the other day in the store, and it's trigger felt better then mine (my friend who's shot my xd agreed also when he felt the new one).

Although I'll be takeing delivery of a Glock27 in about an hour..... hopefully it doesn't turn me into a glock guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts