Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i tried it out having never done any kind of smithing, im a collision repair guy by trade. using white diamond metal polish and a dremel 7300 im glad with the way it came out. plan on doing the slide lock takedown lever and such later on. like i said nothing new just thought i would share.

BEFORE

AFTER

DREMEL 7300

WHITE DIAMOND

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Why are you working on a gun with a round in the chamber?
The work was done so the question is why where you taking a picture with a round in the chamber?

·
Registered
340 Posts
The work was done so the question is why where you taking a picture with a round in the chamber?
Obviously he's a professional hitman with those glove that he was wearing while handling the gun. Hitmen are allowed to do stuff like that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yes work was done and i loaded it up and noticed a cool photo op lol. i used the felt tip. and yes i am a hitman. if you tell anyone i will find you. from experience i would use polish with more grit and go back with the white diamond also i wore the felt pad out by the time i was done.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Black Nitrel gloves work great when fishing on a cold day. They don't breath so your hands stay wrm and being black in color they heat up from the sun.

·
Registered
594 Posts
haha yes work was done and i loaded it up and noticed a cool photo op lol. i used the felt tip. and yes i am a hitman. if you tell anyone i will find you. from experience i would use polish with more grit and go back with the white diamond also i wore the felt pad out by the time i was done.
Thanks for the info. I may give it a try some day :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you sand it down with sandpaper or just get out the dremel and polish? If so what grit did you use? I might try and tackle this soon.. thanks

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
did you sand it down with sandpaper or just get out the dremel and polish? If so what grit did you use? I might try and tackle this soon.. thanks

I sanded mine down with 1500 or 2000 grit wet/dry paper when I did mine.
That got most of the black off.

I also used a felt wheel, but I used Flitz polish...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts