Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Nice, if it works for you.

I can't imagine lugging around a fully loaded XDSC in an ankle holster at almost 2lbs. I figure one of your calves is going to be a bit bigger than the other :). I've never tried it so I really can't honestly rag on it. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you right handed?

I thought righties would wear ankle holsters on the inside left leg. Think it'll conceal better with pants, eh?

Thanks for the pics, by the way.

-stunks

EDIT:spelling

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't plan on using it as a main holster or when I plan on walking around a lot. It doesn't feel very heavy when I have it on but it does take some getting use to, it kind of feels like having a 2lb ankle weight on. I only intend to use this for times when a open-carry holster or concealed high ride holster isn't an option and at those times I don't suspect I would be doing much walking, probably more sitting or walking short distances in a building. I've found that it feels a lot better if worn outside the pants which I may consider doing sometimes as well. It's very comfortable though, it has a nice thick pad on the inside that can be positioned either up or down by velcro.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stunksinatl said:
Are you right handed?

I though righties would wear ankle holsters on the inside left leg. Think it'll conceal better with pants, eh?

Thanks for the pics, by the way.

-stunks
really? I wasn't sure if there was a specific leg that it was ment for, I'll try it on the left leg. Thank you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's been working well so far, it's pretty easy to get use to. I have it on my left ankle and it conceals much better there so I think that's where I'll keep it unless I'm going to wear it over my pants which I may do in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
They are made by Bianchi. If you go to your PD, there is usually a box full of ankle holster, left by the officers who bought them for backup and decided they didn't like them.

I have heard some good reviews on this rig. Never personally worn one however.

·
Registered
539 Posts
looks like a nice piece, but my only quibble would be that the retention straps seem to depress the grip safety.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
You are right about that Old School. Uggh! Not a good choice for ccw or backup if leo in my retired professional opinion. But, chibigui and I have had this conversation before.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I don't care for the safety being pressed by the strap either but as long as the trigger is safe, like any other gun, it won't fire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts