Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself in a bit of a predicament.

I have to travel to see my ailing grandfather. With me will be my father and, unfortunately, my brother. My brother is a convicted felon serving probation.

I don't see any reason why I can't travel the states (where legal) carrying my firearm while in his presence, in my mind. But we all know how F'ed up our legal system is in this county so what makes perfect sense in my mind doesn't always translate to the letter of the law.

So the question is, generally speaking can i travel with a felon while CC'ing?

·
Registered
216 Posts
As long as the firearm is either being carried by you or in your direct possession, shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I can only speak for Iowa...

In this state, as long as the firearm is consistently within your possession by being on your person then you are good... If you have the firearm in the vehicle and you are not, but he is, then you technically could be charged with allowing a felon access to a firearm

My take is, concealed is concealed...don't tell either one you are armed and carry on

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
As long as he cannot gain access to it i.e. in glove box or luggage.
On your hip, ankle, shoulder or in pocket the entire time is the way to go.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
If you can't, I've lost all hope for this country.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Sorry....I won't go if that's how you feel....lol!

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I recently learned here on this forum that we are all felons, so I wouldn't worry about it. :lol:

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I learned that , also. What an educational experience here at Felons Are Us forum....lol...

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I recently learned here on this forum that we are all felons, so I wouldn't worry about it. :lol:
I think he was trying to say that so many crimes are felonies now a days. And it's true. I'm sure some of the harmless things I did as a minor were or are felonies now.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I think that real question is how does the state define "access" because some states will say that felon and firearms can not reside in the same residence even if they are locked up in a safe that he does not have access to. Then the question is does that cover Temporary residence (Hotel, Family Members House). Sounds like you need to head down to the Legal Libaray and start using Lexisnexis to look up rulings on this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^ +1 kinda what I was thinking

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
And once again we are discussing a drug dealer who had three different mugshots that were all published and pulled a weapon on the police. That makes you a felon. Wake up and stop backing the drug dealers.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Would you prefer I go back to tax evading scumbag drug dealing idiot deadbeat?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
As long as he is unable to access the firearm, you are all good to go.

Here in Kommiefornia, we are all felons until proven innocent.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
As long as he is unable to access the firearm, you are all good to go.

Here in Kommiefornia, we are all felons until proven innocent.
That is not true, I am in California, I am white, upper middle class, and not a registered Republican.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I think you have to transport the felon in a locked case in the trunk. I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts