Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a hypothetical.
You and your loaded weapon and your Florida CCW license are on a road trip up the coast.

As you pass through Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, you are an upstanding citizen and carrying concealed in a lawful manner.

Now, you want to enter Maryland, and eventually New Jersey.
Do you unload your weapon, lock it in a container, and place it in the locked trunk, and likewise lock away your ammo in a separate, locked place away from the driver, for passage through Maryland?

If I understand New Jersey law correctly, there is no legal way to transport a firearm and ammunition through the state, at all.

Do you find a trustworthy gun shop on the Virginia or Maryland border to temporarily hold your gun and ammo until you return from your trip north?

Do you just forget about traveling through those states that do not recognize your CCW?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT take ANY hollow point bullets into New Jersey... From what I have heard it is $1,000 per round fine. For me that would either be $22,000 for my XDsc or $15,000 for my XDs. That gets expensive in a hurry.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Yup. That's why I hate Chris RINO Christie.

Reactions: mark48

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I go back to NJ a couple of times a year. You have two choices don't go or keep your guns at home, it's not worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
It does suck we have to think about this. And we were so close to having a national reciprocity with ccw. Even then idk about the hollow points if we had reciprocity.

Luckily I'm Leo so no worries. I hope. Now I need to look that up

sent by the german shepherd next to me

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Stay out of Maryland and DC !

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
No offense to those who live in NJ, but I hate that f&@$ing state for not just this reason but for many others as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Federal law provides safe passage through all states granted the weapon is locked in trunk, as long as you do not stop. Im not sure about the possession of hollow points.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
New Jurseee outlawed hollow points cause hollow points are cop-killer bullets that kill cops gooder than target bullets. Someone must have told the sheeple in the Jurseee congress that hollow points detonate on impact with twice the yield of Fat Man and Little Boy combined.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll NEVER travel thru NJ, Massachusetts, or states that I can't have my firearm, loaded, on me. Screw 'em. I'd really like to see the sights in DC but that's another place I won't travel to. It's a real shame that some of the original 13 colonies have become so anti citizen rights.
-mark

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
i think the proper way to transport a self defense tool in MD is to;
unload the weapon
disassemble the weapon
melt its separate pieces down
make art out of the pieces
sell the art for a bolt of burlap and make yourself new pants and a shirt then write "black lives have value" on it.
then wear the burlap outfit for 2 weeks without washing it.
then you are fit to enter the state.

i just try not to go there.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
basically, gas up outside of nj and dont stop until you hit vt or nh. every state in between will not be friendly to carrying.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts