Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My xd.40sc is awsome, however since the first time I saw the xdm .40 sc I feel in love. There is a gun show in town tomorrow and I'm thinking about trying to trade up for the M. I'm figuring a couple hundred out of my pocket to trade up. I already have a full size xdm 9mm so I don't want to buy the xdm.40 outright.

So what do you think? Trade up worth it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where are you located? We have a gun show here in WA also and im by chance at looking to purchase a Sub Compact .40 so if your local I might be interested.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would stick with the Sub Compact if it were me. I love my XDM compact 40 but it is a little heavy for my liking in regards to conceal carry. I actually am getting a Glock 26 because it is 9oz lighter. But it is totally my opinion and in the end its what you want.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
I'd keep the sc, it's a good little gun IMO, it's not that big a step up, and I'm guessing you're pretty familiar with the SC

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wouldn't trade my xd40sc. I looked at the XDm but couldn't justify the extra $$ for the upgrades in the gun. Plus I wanted a sub compact and the M doesn't offer that

·
Registered
83 Posts
This depends on what you are trying to gain or lose in the trade. Best solution will be to overcome this terrible "GAS" (Gun acquisition syndrome). If you can beat this you can then save you hard earned dollars and get the real fix and buy the M outright. Then you have both and should be OK until the next infection of GAS comes!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It's far better to buy a second (or 854th) gun than to trade them off like baseball cards.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
It's far better to buy a second (or 854th) gun than to trade them off like baseball cards.
x10.

I have an XD40SC and 40 service. I carry one, the other, or both, depending on my mood. Save up and buy the XDM outright if you want it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Make sure you shoot both before you decide. I took my XD(m) 4.5" 9mm and my fiancee's XD sc 9mm to the range last weekend. I left my XD .45 compact at home for some reason. I'm not sure exactly why, but I like the grips on the XD better. It just fits my hand better. They're thicker. If I buy more XD/XD(m) from SA, I'll probably buy an XD and put some money into it on good customizations and probably make it better than an XD(m) for the same money anyway. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I traded the XDsc for the XDMc 3.8 and I love it! No regrets what so ever. I love the look and feel of the XDm and it is a sweet shooter as well! I say go for it if you can afford it!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I also raded my XDsc for the XDMc a few Months back. In a Crossbreed, it carries just as nice and the extra 0.8 barrel length doesn't matter during draw. For me, the XDMc's #1 grip was much more comfortable than the XDsc's stock grip and that wade the trade worth it for me.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Guess it all depends if you can justify taking the financial hit or not to move up. As mentioned shoot both then decide if it's worth it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My first XD was the sc in 9mm. I traded it along with a small amount of cash and bought the XDmc 9mm. I like the slightly longer barell and the grips. After you get your new XDmc in 40, your next move has got to be to teh XD.45c. Now that's my girl! Carries like a dream and you have that lovely big 230 grain bullit coming out the business end. Mine is bitone with the powder river match trigger kit and it is Ssswweeet. You might want to get the 45 instead of the 40. the weight difference is not that much when carried in CBST.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If it pains you that much to get rid of it don't !
If your in the process of building a collection or just love XD's and XDM's don't trade any ! If you have the green buy another one outright. I have an XDM 3.8 compact but still want the XD 9mm sub-compact ! Im just gonna have to wait until January to get it. If it's something you really like, it's better to wait and buy it outright than to trade something you like and then feel sorry you traded it after.

Sounds Like you Just Got the Fever !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts