Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I traded an MP40 Pro Core for a G30s and a Crossbreed holster. At a show a few weeks ago a guy I know wanted to trade in his MP Pro Core in 40 and the best offers he was getting was 400, so I gave him 450 for the gun, 4 mags, and a kydex holster. Then another friend of mine has been trying to get the MP because he wants to compete with it and offered me either his barely shot 30s or his gen 4 19. They're his carry guns and he only needs one and really didn't care which one I took and it included his crossbreed holster.

I took the 30s. It's had maybe 100 rounds through it total and is completely stock. I probably won't get a chance to shoot it until next weekend but I do like the idea of carrying 11 rounds of 45, I just need to see if the size is OK and do I shoot the gun well.

My first Glock was a 17 and it was OK. My second was a 27 and it was horrible. We'll see what happens with #3.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
<< (Glances over shoulder to check out the four guys on horses riding past...)

;)

Mazeltov!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<< (Glances over shoulder to check out the four guys on horses riding past...)

;)

Mazeltov!
Priceless! I really did laugh out load at that. It's a no lose for me, I'm into a G30 and a crossbreed for 450. I'm either thrilled with it or making money. And my buddy is thrilled with the MP.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

I'm really surprised you don't like the XDs Jon. I really shoot mine well and it's a perfect carry size for me. In fact I had it and my CM9 at the range today and ran about 75 rounds through each, all shots at 25 feet could have been covered with a dinner plate. I'm really happy with both the CM9 and XDs.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Eh, I like 'em just fine. Aside from getting a couple of examples with less than stellar triggers, their accuracy and reliability were fine and great, respectably. In the future I'll probably find another XD45Tac and go nuts with a 460 Rowland conversion and a ton of cerakoat/trigger work.

But, like you, I find great pleasure in kicking the hornet's nest from time to time. :D

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not like I agreed to shave my head and sell incense at the airport or something. And I'm not going to any cult meetings.

But what the heck, I've got a Moonie CM9 I ought to own at least one gun from the other cult.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm just waiting to see how much you make on it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
It's not like I agreed to shave my head and sell incense at the airport or something. And I'm not going to any cult meetings.

But what the heck, I've got a Moonie CM9 I ought to own at least one gun from the other cult.
Sure that's how it starts. I can offer you a chance to become a gen 2 hipster.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I hope it works out for you..:mrgreen:

I ended up selling my G30S...:cool:

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
^^Gen 2 GEEZER you mean. HE is a total Glock hipster with the Gen3 30S.

I knew we'd wear him down sooner or later guys. Looks like it was sooner.

Since you went 30S right off the bat, I'm guessing you'll get a 10mm next and then a GAP.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Since you went 30S right off the bat, I'm guessing you'll get a 10mm next and then a GAP.
If he can adapt to the trigger, I think it may work for him.
Glock has a nice short reset..IMHO
Although I do see a 3.5# connector in his future.

Snap I have a extra LWD 3.5# connector if you want it.
I like the stock 5.5# connectors.
PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

I'd also suggest a smooth faced trigger for that G30S..

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Trigger with Trigger Bar Fits G20,21 & SF Models - $16.98

But this will be snaps next Glock..;)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
^ LOL!!

I like the 5lb stock triggers too. I've been contemplating the internal buff job but everything works great stock. Not sure I want to change anything.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice 1ll I love wheelies.

Thanks for offering the part, let me see how I like the stock trigger. I tend to not want carry guns to be too light so I may just stay stock.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Nice 1ll I love wheelies.

Thanks for offering the part, let me see how I like the stock trigger. I tend to not want carry guns to be too light so I may just stay stock.
That was my experience with the 3.5..
Too light for a carry gun..

But if you want to try it, let me know.
You can always pass it on if you don't like it..

I really hope the G30S works for you..

That smooth faced trigger does help..

The 9rd mags are sweet too.

PM sent on that..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts