Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an xds 9 bi tone model and love it but I have been thinking of getting something a little smaller. I have been looking at the sig p938. I found someone local that is interested in trading the xds and $100 for his 938 rosewood. Does this seem to be a fair deal. This gun is a daily carry piece.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have the sister gun to the p938, the Colt Mustang and I LOVE the gun , I have always been very accurate with it however as of late I have had some issues with stove piping and failures to eject with target ammo that I believe will require me to take it in. It could just be the ammo I'm using however I have about 800-1000 rounds of various mfgs through it and it's only recently giving me issues and pause for using it as my EDC. FYI, Flat nosed .380 ammo does not feed well through my Colt, I polished the feed ramp however that did not help.
Funny that I just ran across your post as just yesterday I bought my first XDS as I wanted to move up to a smaller 9mm for EDC.
My 938 is a 9mm:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can't go wrong with the 938 it's a solid little gun. I've had mine for a while and never had any issues. If you are looking for smaller the 938 is a good choice.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Local gun shop is selling brand new 938 for $600. If I didn't buy two guns this week it would be part of my collection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the 238 is the 380 model and I may pick one up for the wife. Don't get me wrong I love the xds but something a little smaller just may fight my carry needs a little better. I am not a big person by any means so smaller is easier to conceal. Should I hold out and buy a new one for just trade the xds. Is the xds and 100 bucks worth it, or could I find a better deal?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Locally, the Bi-tone is probably about $50 less than a 938. The deal offered could be worth it for you. If you actually prefer the 938 grab it.

I rarely trade guns away anymore. Unless I get a true lemon, I tend to hold onto what I have. I'm also not a real big fan of the 938, but that is just a personal choice for me. Many owners seems to be quite pleased with them.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I am a big man, so the XDS is perfect for me, but I will have to admit I have looked at the p938 and wondered how something that little could shoot. Of course, I thought that about the XDS 45 at first also. But I like the XDS 45 so much, I don't think I am gonna mess with what has worked so well for me, and get me and my wife a XDS 9mm. A 3.3 for her, and a 4.0 for me. I have debated back and forth between the two and decided the only decent thing would to do would be to buy them both. :) If you get the P938, give us a range report, please.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Consider the Kahr CM9 for under 400 dollars. Much smaller and a great trigger

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love my 938 and it's easier to conceal than my XDS45. If you can only afford to have 1 gun for CC and need something small, 938 is perfect.

With that said, save up and get both!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts