Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an offer to trade my P01 for a very nice 9mm XD Tactical. Problem is I am a little hesitant about it. I mean I've always wanted an XD 9mm to join my XD45 but I also like my P01, this might sound weird, but I like my CZ P07 better than my P01 for some reason. I can hit very well with the P01, but am like a laser with the P07. That and it fits my SuperTuck for my XD45! I originally bought the P01 to hold onto as an investment, and the P07 to shoot the hell out of and for CC, I'm afraid that if I get rid of the P01 I'll get remorse later down the road. On the other hand I'm already familar with the functioning of the XD and think this would help me streamline my holster buying as well. I mean I could live without the P01, I really don't shoot it that often as I do the P07 and it pretty much just sits in the safe, and I know the XD 9mm would get shot alot. Please give me some feed back guys and gals! Thanks, Ponchomike.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Trade a P01 for anything is nuts!

On another note if you personally prefer the P07 over the P01 and want a XD tactical then trade. Be aware though that the new owner will not give it back. The P01 is getting kinda hard to find and it's my favorite all around pistol. If I had to get rid of all mine but one I would keep the P01. I had a P07 but our opinions are different. I prefer the P01 much more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Okay, here is my take. My first semi was the XD 9 Service. Love the gun and Springfield. Have shot approximately 2000 rounds through it without a problem. Would never trade/sell it. Considered buying the subcompact and tactical as well.

Then, I discovered CZ handguns. I recently wrestled with buying the PO1 or the PCR. Finally, chose the PCR mainly because I like the look better. As a sidenote, the PCR absolutely shot like a dream the first time out tearing the bullseye out at 7 yds. Have to post those targets sometime. Anyway, back to what you are trying to decide, I guess you need to ask yourself is will the XD fill some need or desire the PO1 is not. I tend to buy weapons with a specific intended purpose or role I want it to meet. However, once I buy something, I won't get rid of it, even if I buy something else that can fill that same role. But that is me. If the PO1 stays in the safe most of the time, maybe the XD is the way to go.

Or you could just keep the CZ and save up for the XD. That way you don't have to struggle over making tough decisions. :D Dew

·
Registered
270 Posts
I really like my xd 9 tac. That being said I am in the same camp as DewDad, I do not like to sell/trade a gun even if it is a safe queen. Save up some money and buy the xd, save yourself from possible trade remorse.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't have a CZ P01 but own a CZ SP01 and that one will be the last pistol I will ever sell or trade. If it helps any, I also own an XDm. ;)

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Personally, I'd never give up a CZ especially the P-01. It's such a versatile handgun. It's great for the range, home, or carry. I love mine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
P01 for the WIN.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Never owning a CZ P01, but owning and selling 4 XD pistols. I'd say NO.

I've read a lot of good about the CZ P01.
It has got to have a better trigger than the XD/XDm line...:shock:

BTW, safe queens have no purpose for me.
If I don't carry it or use it for home defense, I sell it..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I say stays in the safe most of the time I mean I bought it as an investment in something that is hard to comeby right now. I love the P01 and it shoots well, and carry it as often as my XD45 and my P07 Duty. I got a screaming deal on it used and bit the bullet. I have always wanted an XD 9mm to supplant my XD45 as it is much cheaper to shoot. I think you guys are right, I'm gonna keep it. I bought it and the P07 so I wouldn't shoot my late uncles Hi Power so much because of its heirloom status and I enjoy it very much but you know what I mean, I want to keep it pristine as it was his and my Aunt gave it to me after he passed a couple of years ago, it means that much to me, and having two extra 9mm's around the house is very nice for variety! Thanks for your replies very much!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good decision. Buds prices on both the PCR and P01 just jumped $40 this week while I am saving the cash for one or the other. Looks like my wait continue a little longer.

·
Registered
829 Posts
P01 anything in $450 is a decent deal. If you can find one lower buy it ASAP.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Wish I could find an even up deal like that. Would love to trade my XD9 Tac for a CZ P01 in equal quality condition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts