Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking about trading my 6 month old LCR for a 2 1/4 inch or 3 inch SP101. I like my LCR but am used to carrying my 4 inch GP100 quite often and the thought of having another smaller all steel version of that sounds good to me as I'm used to the weight anyway, or I would like a 3 inch GP100. The LCR has had about 200 rounds through it mostly standard pressure loads, and also have Meprolight night sight just installed, and have a Crossbreed SuperTuck and a Galco Wraith belt slide with thumb break, both right handed. What are yall's thoughts on my predicament?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I carried my 2 1/4" SP101 .357 for a while, but stopped only due to the weight. It's a great gun and deadly accurate. It's now my wife's primary home defense gun (equipped with Crimson Trace).

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have been up in the air for a while between the LCR, LCR 357, and the SP 101 as a replacement for my 638 J Frame.

I have no experience with the SP101 but I do with both LCR's and love them. So, yesterday I wound up getting a LCR 357 and couldn't be happier.

38's are a peach due to the extra weight and 357's are an absolute hoot, although not something I would want to shoot on a regular basis. I didn't find 38's too bad out of the regular LCR in the first place.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I find few small revolvers to be as versatile as the short version of the SP-101 in 357 Mag. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have both and love them for different reasons. The SP101 is a great gun, period, but a little heavy to pocket or ankle carry. In a Supertuck, it would work great. I use my LCR as a BUG, either in my pocket or on my ankle. The light weight of the LCR makes it more versatile to me. I say keep the LCR and get the 2.5 inch SP101. They use the same holsters, so you won't need to duplicate what you already have.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Have the LCR but would also love to have sp101. But, I would not get rid of my LCR for it. Just too easy when carrying.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
I would stick with the LCR.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The real question is why have'nt ya traded already?? The SP101 is handsdown one of the finest 357's on the field........Built like a brick **** house and always ready...Plus with a 357 you have two calibers in one. I stock both 38 and 357 and think if ya needed in a pinch almost every true gun lover owns either a 38 or 357 wheelie and ammo is readily available............Get the SP101 NOW!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts