Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I think I have searched the site....I found one response but it was 2005...way before Obama...and way before gun prices shot through the roof...what do you think a fair value would be for a trade in of a XD 40 in great condition...maybe 1500 rounds with no problems...I have the case the spent shell in the envelope, all the plastic accessories...and two magazines...I want to buy a smaller carry gun maybe the XD sub-compact 3"..??

·
Registered
266 Posts
worth about 50 bucks, but I am a nice guy so I will give you a hundred and cover shipping and ffl transfer. But seriously I bought my xd45 service used with accessories 1 mag fired through her, bi-tone, with thumb safety for 450 this was 6 or 8 months ago.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive sold one for $450....but then again there was the same exact gun but brand new for $500 right next to it so the guy picked the cheaper one

so id say $400-$450

·
Registered
786 Posts
trade in sucks $300 to $350 wait for it and sell outright

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... Thanks for the info guys... What to do??

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I agree It's worth about $325 to $350 on a trade. What would I do? That depends on how bad I needed the money, or wanted the other gun your trading it for.

If your not in a hurry I'd see if I could sell it outright. Probably get around $425 for it that way.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I think I'll try to sell it out right...they offered $300.00...nope...not gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yep, I think I'll try to sell it out right...they offered $300.00...nope...not gonna happen.
Good choice. Trade-in advantage always goes to the merchant.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone.. And thanks for the links.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Ok...I think I have searched the site....I found one response but it was 2005...way before Obama...and way before gun prices shot through the roof...what do you think a fair value would be for a trade in of a XD 40 in great condition...maybe 1500 rounds with no problems...I have the case the spent shell in the envelope, all the plastic accessories...and two magazines...I want to buy a smaller carry gun maybe the XD sub-compact 3"..??

Here is the formula that a lot of gun shops use to determine the trade in value of a gun.

80% of the price the shop thinks they can get for the used trade in gun.

don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts