Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Springfield Armory today and asked how I could exchange my klinton mags for some W mags and they said just send them in.
Has anyone else done this and if so how did it take?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
sturmruger said:
I have never heard of that??? That would be pretty sweet if they would take them back.
I'll buy peoples used 10 rounders :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased both my XD9 & XD40 1.5 years the ban expired & they sent me hi caps for both. All I had to do was send my 10 rounders back when my hicaps came in. Plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I did the swap deal, it taken probably about 2 weeks to get the "W" mags, then it taken two phone calls to get the damn charge back off from my credit card.

Kicking myself now that I didn't just keep my "C" mags since I do a lot of IPSC and IDPA shooting :(

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ampleworks said:
I did the swap deal, it taken probably about 2 weeks to get the "W" mags, then it taken two phone calls to get the damn charge back off from my credit card.

Kicking myself now that I didn't just keep my "C" mags since I do a lot of IPSC and IDPA shooting :(
How much was the charge?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just called and they told me that if you purchased after aug. 2004 and it came with the 10 rdrs. that the would exchange those but not for those purchased prior to that. i would like to have them but i just cant talk myself into spending $25 on 2 more rounds.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I did the swap right after I bought my XD. As mentioned above, it took a few weeks. The procedure I went through was this: I called SA and got a Return Authorization number ande sent the 10 rounders back. During the same phone call, they took my credit card number and charged me for two 12 rounders (for an XD40) and started processing that order. As soon as they received my 10 rounders back, they took the charge of my card. I think they just did that to A.) not delay me from getting my hi caps until they received my 10 rounders back and B.) to make sure I didn't keep all 4 and not pay. It was a pretty painless ordeal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually had an idea last night while I was getting ready to pack mine up for shipment.

I could dremel out the indention in the klinton mag and slip a boot or sleeve over the hole for use with my XDSC. Then use the bootless ones that came w/ the XDSC with my service model.

what do ya think?

also, can you buy just the boot?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I had them ship me the 15 rd 9mms for mine and get the RMA and charge my CC. As soon as I got them I sent back the 10 rounders and when they received them I think it took about 2 weeks before they refunded the CC charge. I did it this way so I wouldn't be without mags at any point but I think you can also send in your low-cap mags first and not get charged at all.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Door Kicker said:
I actually had an idea last night while I was getting ready to pack mine up for shipment.

I could dremel out the indention in the klinton mag and slip a boot or sleeve over the hole for use with my XDSC. Then use the bootless ones that came w/ the XDSC with my service model.

what do ya think?

also, can you buy just the boot?
If its a fourty youll only gain one round the follower is diffrent in the high cap
Havent seen extra sleeves yet eithier

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I am going to keep my 10 rounders for IDPA. They only allow 10 round mags max. They are also good for shooting plates, only 6 shots/mag to even it up for the wheel gun heroes. I have a set of 15 round hi caps for my XD-9 so I am not hurting by having both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts